Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: ME pay-per-view

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the stream of last years main event final table for free on the espn website. So now they are charging 20 bucks? Well atleast espn has money on their mind this year, I just shipped the 20 to them. I expect great commentary!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG 20$????? thats ridic how will I ever afford this...
ppl need to stop whining about 20 dollars for 10hrs of entertainment
Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Anyone know any free sites streaming the ME this year yet? pm me with info
Old 07-16-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not delete some stuff off your DVR? If you are under 10 hours of space anyways you are probably in order for some cleaning anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got everything cleared except for the American Poker Championship at Turning Stone that is 4 hours long. I don't want to delete this since it's so hard to find and I'm still not sure if I did whether the DVR would record the entire WSOP, so I don't want to risk it.

The schedule has allocated 20 hours for the event (2pm to 10am) and when I try to set it to record, it says there isn't enough room and won't let me record. I even went to the trouble of deleting all my season passes and it won't record. They should have broke the schedule up on the DVR into 5 4 hour parts so the DVR could record it.

By now, I would have thought someone would have come up with a box that can be plugged into the DVR that would allow you to move or record shows directly to. Or, possibly a DVR with a built in DVD recorder.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not delete some stuff off your DVR? If you are under 10 hours of space anyways you are probably in order for some cleaning anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got everything cleared except for the American Poker Championship at Turning Stone that is 4 hours long. I don't want to delete this since it's so hard to find and I'm still not sure if I did whether the DVR would record the entire WSOP, so I don't want to risk it.

The schedule has allocated 20 hours for the event (2pm to 10am) and when I try to set it to record, it says there isn't enough room and won't let me record. I even went to the trouble of deleting all my season passes and it won't record. They should have broke the schedule up on the DVR into 5 4 hour parts so the DVR could record it.

By now, I would have thought someone would have come up with a box that can be plugged into the DVR that would allow you to move or record shows directly to. Or, possibly a DVR with a built in DVD recorder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you burn the turning stone thing to DVD?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know any free sites streaming the ME this year yet? pm me with info

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Has anybody had trouble registering with espn.com? I tried to register (I had registered last year, but have since forgotten my username and password), and I got the error "Nautilus down" after filling in my registration info, whatever that means.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM

i am trying to register/buy and it won't let me either.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 PM

I just purchased it on ppv. How come the block of time is only set for 3 hours? I have it set to record to dvd, but it stops at 6pm. Anybody know why this is?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Buy the damn PPV so they keep doing it people. You can't pay $20 for like 12+ hours of poker?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 PM

my local cable company (notorious for blunders) is not carrying it, and the (online) ESPN service is "currently unavailable" and they haven't returned my call or my email....