Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Kill Pot

20/40 Half Kill game and I won the last two so it's kill pot time.

I am forced to post a blind of 30 and am on the button. Bad Dude #1 has opened a ton of pots. We've mixed it up a couple of times and he has called me down pretty light (correctly w/AQ vs my AJ). Bad Dude #2 is pretty loose/passive in general.

Folded to BD#1 who opens in MP. Folded to CO who calls. I call on the button w/J4s (remember I'm discounted and have position). Everyone else folds.

Flop is AJJ (7sb).
BD#1 bets, BD#2 calls, Hero???

I'm also open to suggestions pf as well as I wasn't sure if my call was correct but since I was getting 5:1, was suited and had the button I called.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Kill Pot

I just call here and raise the turn, but I don;t think it matters all that much if you raise right now.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Raise.

Wait for turn raise = monster
Flop raise = put you on KQ KT and you get 3bet, then you just call and raise the turn

Usually how it goes with action players.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:42 PM

I know wait for turn= monster= they might fold--- but you ahve got to consider the player. Are these players really folding an ace or a draw for one more BB on the turn?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM

Nobody's ever folded a pair of Aces in live poker as far as I'm aware.

It's not so much "fold" so much as it is "Check-call" instead of Bet-3bet.

If you raise the flop, especially after history, he's gonna 3bet you with an Ace often, maybe even worse. Maybe even just a draw.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 PM

So I just called and there was the reason: If I raise the pfr will be getting 11:1 to call and the other guy will be getting that or 12:1 if BD#1 calls. This is a profitable call for gutshots and possibly AK or AQ where they have 3ish outs (2 Aces and 1 for bds). This is assuming that BD#1 doesn't raise.

If I wait for the turn then gutshots will only be getting 6:1 and will either fold or will be putting money in they shouldn't be.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Preflop fine.

Against these types of players just ram and jam it and don't worry about what odds you are giving them. You almost certainly have the best hand and they are going to certainly call you because they don't believe you unless they have absolutely nothing in which case you weren't going to make much more anyway. Raising now gives you the best chance to maximize your profits since BD+1 may reraise and bet the turn giving you a chance to still raise the turn.