Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Building a Bankroll

Alright so yes I'm going to admit, I went broke a couple of months ago. I've been depositing $20 here and there playing microstakes for a buit trying to build my bankroll up again. However, I'd almost double or so my bankroll and I end up crashing again. I would play mostly cash games. I consider myself a pretty good cash game player, except however the past few months I feel like I'm on a cold streak.

Anyways instead of depositing $20 bucks here and there and playing microstakes, I was wondering if I should deposit about $100 bucks or so and playing nothing but $5.50 9 Handed SNGs over at Full Tilt Poker. Would this build my bankroll up better than grinding it out playing cash games?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Building a Bankroll

I would go with more than a $20 deposit even for playing microstakes, too small a br imho.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM

SNG's are the way to go when building a bankroll. SNG's have less variance and you need about half the bankroll to make the same amount on return. (It will be slightly less if you can achieve 10bb/100 in cash and a 15% ROI in SNGs)
Old 06-14-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright so yes I'm going to admit, I went broke a couple of months ago. I've been depositing $20 here and there playing microstakes for a buit trying to build my bankroll up again. However, I'd almost double or so my bankroll and I end up crashing again. I would play mostly cash games. I consider myself a pretty good cash game player, except however the past few months I feel like I'm on a cold streak.

Anyways instead of depositing $20 bucks here and there and playing microstakes, I was wondering if I should deposit about $100 bucks or so and playing nothing but $5.50 9 Handed SNGs over at Full Tilt Poker. Would this build my bankroll up better than grinding it out playing cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start building your BR at 10NL with 100$ deposit and sit at the table with half buy in.

This level is extremely bad and you can make 20PTBB/100+ very easy.

Once you have 15 buy ins for next level move up.

If you say you are good it's a matter of time when you will have 1000$ in your account.

(advice from my personal experience I took all $$$ before US poker legislation and left 10$ then came back after 3 months started playing with 10$ and in 2 months build my BR to 10k [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]