Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 10:15 PM

Default 3/6 PS (AKo) If You Let Them Bet It, They Will Come

UTG+1 is 26/19/2.01
BB is 19/3/1.67 over a small sample.

No notes taken but UTG+1 did seem a little on the LAGgy side and BBs sample size was definitely a little small(40ish hands at the time) though he generally seemed tight/weak.

Note1: I had planned on raising all non-Q,T, rivers whose bets come from UTG+1. Not sure about K.
Note2: This is not my line versus unknowns, LDO.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (10.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, .

Final Pot: 13.66 BB
Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: 3/6 PS (AKo) If You Let Them Bet It, They Will Come

i like it, the BB pretty obv has KK/QQ and UTG+1 likely AQ (or maybe KK). thus there is no need to raise for protection at any point in this hand. you will also not get much value by raising the flop or the turn.

im a bit surprised UTG + 1 did not bet the river, but your EV would be the same as BB would almost def fold to your river raise.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a bit surprised UTG + 1 did not bet the river, but your EV would be the same as BB would almost def fold to your river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean I should just call the river? Getting 3-towned would be horrible, but so would a BB fold(both unlikely admittedly).
Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im a bit surprised UTG + 1 did not bet the river, but your EV would be the same as BB would almost def fold to your river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean I should just call the river? Getting 3-towned would be horrible, but so would a BB fold(both unlikely admittedly).

[/ QUOTE ]

good point.

given your position, i think a river call might be best.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 AM

i think you played this hand perfectly.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 AM

8 big bets in the pot. best case scenario, you have 5(combined) outs against you. this pot has too many bets to risk. raise the turn.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 AM

With two spades on the flop why aren't we putting a raise in there? If we're not raising the flop then surely we should be raising the turn for a bit of value and to face BB with two cold and hopefully force him out? I think we're sitting good enough to get a raise in somewhere.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With two spades on the flop why aren't we putting a raise in there? If we're not raising the flop then surely we should be raising the turn for a bit of value and to face BB with two cold and hopefully force him out? I think we're sitting good enough to get a raise in somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the PF action and the fact that the Ace of Spades is out, it is extremely unlikley anyone has a flush draw here.

looking back at it, I think that I would now prefer a turn raise. if UTG calls your raise and then calls your river bet, we get the same amt of value plus the bonus of forcing the BB out (2 outs is still 2 outs, after all).
Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 AM

Perfect.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8 big bets in the pot. best case scenario, you have 5(combined) outs against you. this pot has too many bets to risk. raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB was betting postflop I'd agree, but with UTG+1 doing the betting and BB looking like he's married to KK/QQ, I don't see any reason to give BB the impetus to fold or to give UTG+1 the opportunity to 3bet us with an equal/better/worse hand. I might be being a wuss here, but I prefer just call/call/call (especially when the J &amp; T hit on the late streets).