Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: The time you spend on this site

I use my computer all day at work so I just leave 2+2 open and browse it when I have a few minutes in between patients. My experience on this site has been tremendously rewarding and it is the reason why I have most of my day-to-day friends.

In 2005 I threw a party/tournament here in Vegas where I had a chance to meet some fellow STT players (at the time my practice was new and slow, and I was making more $$ playing sit-n-go's than I was practicing medicine.) It was there that I met:

The Usher
Apathy
Raptor
FieryJustice
Lacky
Unarmed
Jman
iMsoLucky0
Yugo

Through these new friends and at subsequent tournaments I came to know Good2cu, Durrrr, Gavin G, Travistyfund, ZeeJustin, Gigabet, Pineapple, Jacknight21, Bones, Dominic and many others. Before the first tournament the only 2+2er I had met was Daliman.

Now there isn't a week that goes by when I don't see a few of these guys. These are now the people I hang out with when I'm not at work and the ones with whom I go on vacations.

So most of the close friends I now have I have as a result of reading 2+2.

Obviously my poker game hasn't exactly suffered when most of my dinners in Vegas include WPT champions, Bracelet winners, and the biggest on-line winners in the world. My last home game was Apathy, Usher, Durrr, Snaglepuss, Raptor and Zen... a significantly tougher group than any High Stakes Poker show.

I've taught at least 2 people how to play poker who have now been professional players for more than 2 years (for a time that number was a lot higher, but longevity is a bitch in this game.)

If I needed 2 million dollars in cash I'm pretty sure I could get it in less than 24 hours using only text messages.

In 5 years I will probably have at least 3 separate successful business ventures with fellow 2+2ers. This site has shaved at least 10 years off my retirement age. (Which is helpful since the friends I have on this site will likely shave 10 years off my life expectancy via alcohol and prop-betting related health risks)

So, yeah, I'm pretty happy with my time spent on 2+2.

Irieguy