Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: What are the top pros worth?

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the most famous pros would really surprise most people - either having way more money than you think or way less.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the most famous pros would really surprise most people - either having way more money than you think or way less.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post. I believe the "way less part" is probably what is true knowing these guys are degenerate gamblers + all the stories we hear (barry being "strapped at the moment" as an example)

The only one we can say for certain is worth 10 mill + and isnt going to be busto anytime soon is Hellmuth due to his endorsement deals, and PA who is unstopabble online.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:25 AM

Has anyone mentioned that Jamie Gold was a very succesful holywood agent and producers who lives in MALIBU.....safe to say he was a millionaire even before the big win guys.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would define money that you could move online within a short time to be bankroll. So your Vanguard or bank account money would be part of your bankroll. Money that you've payed into your house, car or a long term investment isn't.

For live single table play you don't need 100x the buyin to be comfortable. If you're playing 200/400 PL Omaha online consistently where you could lose 500,000 in a day pretty easily, you should probably be worth atleast 4 million to feel comfortable in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post, BST
Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 PM

I heard David Benyamine is worth 500 lbs., he's a fat pig.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is from Hendon mob poker database...I suspect that these guys are worth at least 5x as much because of cash games.

Antonio Esfandiari <- 2,790,274
Sam Farha <- 2,085,965
David Benyamine <- 1,144,122 online last year he made at least another 1,000,000
Patrik Antonius <- 2,683,442
Guy Laliberté <- billionaire
Jamie Gold <- 12,170,024 because of taxes and settlements 7 million
Doyle Brunson <- 5,277,782 thats just from tourneys 20 million + with cash games, investments and books.
Barry Greenstein <- 5,374,998 at least 20 million + also

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to understand is that not everyone wins in cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these guys are excellent cash game players, one person on Rounders the Poker show said Antonio may be the best NL player in the world at this point. Sam Farha wins in PLO and is probably the best in that also. Who in this lineup besides Gold and Guy doesn't win in Cash games???

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO DUDE HENDON MOB IS GROSS WINNINGS NOT NET WINNINGS.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone mentioned that Jamie Gold was a very succesful holywood agent and producers who lives in MALIBU.....safe to say he was a millionaire even before the big win guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just going to point that out. Malibu housing isn't cheap although I guess it got a little cheaper last week with the fires...
Old 11-03-2007, 01:42 AM

Lederer = Kajillionaire
Steve Zolotow = Sqwajillionaire
Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just going to point that out. Malibu housing isn't cheap although I guess it got a little cheaper last week with the fires...

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. price went up DUCY.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:17 AM

from the list i would say for sure doyle and chip are prolly worth a lot more than anyone would think/anticipate, i am sure they also have bad habits but they have been destroying massive games for a long long time, and back in the day people used to be really really bad at poker and they were very good. i mean if you think that doyle, adjusting for inflation, is prolly not playing much or bigger than he did back..and start to do some math. he has been playing really big for what 40 years now, so unless he really lit his money on fire or invested very very poorly he is worth a lot. i would have to think like 20 mil+, maybe he just rollede thorugh it but he career earning have to be 50+ mil current dollars.
dave