Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

I have no idea who Shannon Shorr is but I just read the bio on his blog and he seems like some random guy who went on a hot streak in tournaments and is now being pulled back into reality because he's realized he's not as good at poker as he originally thought. Big deal.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Shannon Shorr is but I just read the bio on his blog and he seems like some random guy who went on a hot streak in tournaments and is now being pulled back into reality because he's realized he's not as good at poker as he originally thought. Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a douche and thinks he's better than anyone else.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is an awesome dude and is completely laid back, chill and fun to hang out with. I don't know why you would say that about him, other then maybe you've never met him and just felt like making some random judgment on teh internets.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is an awesome dude and is completely laid back, chill and fun to hang out with. I don't know why you would say that about him, other then maybe you've never met him and just felt like making some random judgment on teh internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not suprised. 2+2, NVG especially, has become a haven for people who get off lurking around responding Ban. or [ ] "Insert smart [censored] comment here" to just berate who ever they can.

Don't get me wrong, 2+2 is the most prestigious online poker forum for a reason, but the mods here need to do more to keep the flaming under control IMO, it is regressive to the status of these forums.

SS should be applauded for being so honest about his experiences with the life of a full-timer and whether some of you would like to admit it or not, many will take what he is saying to heart. If nothing else, SS may have just saved a few players from dropping out of college because the ran well in donkaments for a month and save them from turning their lives upside down, often in a way that is very much irreversible.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM

Shannon is a friggin awesome dude. The kid who trashed him here obviously hasnt ever met him.

Ansky,
I play strictly MTT's [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 PM

GG
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SS should be applauded for being so honest about his experiences with the life of a full-timer and whether some of you would like to admit it or not, many will take what he is saying to heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, which is why I've enjoyed reading his blog even though there are a lot of blogs by bigger names out there. Shannon is honest and doesn't just try to prop himself up, like so many out there. Those thinking about entering the tournament poker life would do well to read the archives of his blog and see what it's like.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 PM

I know Shannon personally ( I took him on in the weight-loss prop bet) and anyone that thinks he is a douche has never met the guy. He's one of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever come across. He'll be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life. Piss on anybody that thinks otherwise
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 PM

if I had a ringy cool name like Shannon Shorr, I might use it too lol. I've talked to Shannon multiple times on AIM and is a seemingly good guy. I'm not sure how well he plays because we havent really played that much in cash and never in tourneys, but gl mr. shorr
Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Shannon personally and anyone that thinks he is a douche has never met the guy. He's one of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever come across. He'll be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life. Piss on anybody that thinks otherwise

[/ QUOTE ]