Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: greeting girls...

first and foremost... SMILE
wait a second and either one of two things will happen:

A. she will go to shake your hand, if she does this then you immediately neg her. ie. oh alright, i didnt realize you were this professional, and give her an exaggerated shake. she will laugh 99% of the time this has been fieldtested to oblivion

B. she does nothing; kiss her on the cheek.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM

If it's social and not business I usually take both her hands and just lean in and give a peck on the cheek.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Ha. I've been thinking about something like this lately because I am going to a wedding next week and will be seeing various cousins and other relatives who I don't even know and don't keep in touch with. But they are my relatives even though I practically have to be reintroduced to them because we don't even know each other nor would we recognize each other.

My thoughts are that a hug just seems too weird for somebody who I haven't seen since I was like 10. But they're my relatives so a handshake seems too oddly distant.

And then there will be people maybe from the other party who I will end up meeting through somebody I know and that will be a different strategy I guess.

My strategy was going to be to drink a lot and not give a crap and just wing it.
Me and my GF and my sister and her BF will probably all get drunk in a corner and just laugh at everyone.

But I like some of the ideas in this thread and think that alternating between high-fives and sup's and other random greetings could be fun.

Also, I think the cup-your-hand-over double-handshake thing is kind of lame.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 PM

I always go with the intercourse hello. It breaks the ice.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 PM

If I know the girl, and havent seen her in awhile, double cheek kiss, but I can pull that off, if Ive never met them before, the ugly ones Ill greet first with a nod, smirk, and a nice to meet you, the hot one Ill greet last with a hand shake with the right hand and the left hand on her elbow/forearm,

ps I make the most eye contact with the hot one when introduced to a group
Old 10-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Fist pound, yo. Most girls never ever get to do it like at all, and many are amused by it.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The double cheek kiss is expected and accepted from anyone who is from over the pond, only.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true in NYC, Miami, and more cosmopolitan cities. Many women go immediately in for the air-kiss upon meeting any new person, American or not.

In more red states, handshake, smile and nod, whatever is appropriate for the culture and place you're meeting them [biz v friend's house v bar etc]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Just do what Janis Joplin did when meeting new members of the opposite sex.

"Hey, you're foxy! I hope we [censored] later."
Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 PM

I say "hi, nice to meet you" and smile
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM

All,

While I would love to just rip on this OP because at first glance it seems like such a retarded question/problem, in reality I think it's actually a valid issue!

Guys: You try to shake their hand and half the time, especially if they are a little younger, they transition into some sort of 18-step handshake process, perhaps culminating in some sort of hug or something or maybe just a bash brothers forearm bump or something. So f'ing annoying. I am all for this sort of thing w/ friends, but think it's weird when guys I am meeting for the first time do this.

Girls: I generally just go for whatever they do, but half the time they fake me out starting like a handshake and then going for a hug, or doing an air kiss where I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to actually kiss their cheek or not. Nothing more retarded than kissing the air when the girl is actually giving you a kiss on the cheek, but timing here is critical. Also there's the whole one cheek or both thing. And sometimes that happens with a distance between you, other times it's in conjunction with a hug.

Ugh, F all this. From now on, I'm going with this 100%: