Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: A play I usually don\'t make!!!

u should have never gotten involved in this hand
Old 02-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u should have never gotten involved in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Justification? or are you just basing that on opinion? Back-up? Math?
Old 02-18-2007, 06:40 PM

you are playing a 4/180? players in this are so weak/loose its amazing at what will call u...instead of getting most of your chips in with worse hand here with possible two callers and at least 1 u are creating a situation that didnt need to be created
Old 02-18-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are playing a 4/180? players in this are so weak/loose its amazing at what will call u...instead of getting most of your chips in with worse hand here with possible two callers and at least 1 u are creating a situation that didnt need to be created

[/ QUOTE ]

Again! Justification? If you are going to derail every thread in the MTT forum, then at least give some mathematical justification. Not just, it doesn't look right because you have T high dude.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Okay for math justification here...u already said heads up you are probably 40/60 here...what if UTG1 calls that lowers it even more...if its 3 way EV becomes?
Old 02-18-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay for math justification here...u already said heads up you are probably 40/60 here...what if UTG1 calls that lowers it even more...if its 3 way EV becomes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the math! If CO comes along, then add his assigned range & those chips to the calclations.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 PM

if UTG1 comes along as u described as weak/light betting with junk he now has a pretty good price to call with his junky hands which has now directly made your odds to win this hand worse...while you are obv at best 40/60 with SB here when UTG1 comes along with something like J10hh u are 21% to beat out AKdd and J10hh with 910ss
Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if UTG1 comes along as u described as weak/light betting with junk he now has a pretty good price to call with his junky hands which has now directly made your odds to win this hand worse...while you are obv at best 40/60 with SB here when UTG1 comes along with something like J10hh u are 21% to beat out AKdd and J10hh with 910ss

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, utg+1 could literally have anything, but less likely a premium. He was raising solid with big hands and minraising with Q5s, K2s & K6o to name 3 hands. JTs is actually more than I'm willing to give him credit for. He hasn't switched gears the whole time we've been at the table together, raising big with the goods to 4/5bb's or minraising with garbage. It is still a math problem and as I said utg+1 was not likely to call, CO on the other hand could have had a small pocket or something that he considered worth calling, but he was calling because utg+1 was raising trash. He was probably 85% to fold to 2 shoves regardless of EV or ranges.

Math?
Old 02-18-2007, 06:59 PM

no math to back up what i am saying as i dont know how to calculate it...my bottom line is u are 40/60 headsup with raiser and worse if UTG1 calls even if it is Q5s hes still favorite over u to win..and being a 4$/180 i would not want to let UTG1 have a chance to think he can knock 2 ppl out with q4...he just mite try
Old 02-18-2007, 07:00 PM

dude if this is a 4/180 there are way better spots to get your money in then this.