Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Vertigo?

I had that sensation one time when I had terrible diahorrea, it was the one time of my life when I really wished I was dead. Sitting on the toilet, your intestines twisting around themselves and you feel like you're gonna fall off the toilet and crash through the tile wall any minute..
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM

This happened to me once, about 10 years ago. I was sponsored to rollerblade, and a bunch of us were learning back flips in the halfpipe. It was my first day landing them, and had only landed maybe 3-5 of them until it happened.

I went up as usual and started the flip. About halfway around, I felt really sick, lost my place in the flip entirely, and I thought I was sideways. So I did what any idiot would do, and stopped spinning. I managed to land directly on my face, breaking my nose and biting my tongue.

I didn’t have the lasting sensation of nausea, but it was a really weird thing. I have been able to flip and spin and always have a very good idea of where I was in the air, but for some reason I really lost it there. After trying semi-successfully to get my face to stop bleeding, I went back and was able to land the flips again, so it seems like it was just a one time thing.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM

yeah, it's vertigo. I've got it too; the first time it hit me, I was so dizzy that any movement, any at all, would make me puke. This went on for several hours, and it finally went away. Long story short, go to the doc; he'll give ya something called Meclizine (an anti-dizziness drug); it works well...
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

As for water, about three months ago I started tracking to make sure I drink at least 2 quarts per day.

The doc decided it was probably from the Xopenex. I continued to feel a little weird, but not dizzy or anything like that, for another 12 hours or so but I haven't felt it since. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 AM

every once in a while, when I stand up after sitting or laying down, my vision suddenly start to close in until I can barely see anything and I get very dizzy and can barely stand...this lasts maybe 5-10 seconds at most each time...

maybe this is what happened to you?..I don't know what it is, but it happens to me all the time...probably a couple hundred times over the past 5-8 years of my life or so

I seem fine [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]