Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: The Office 11/1

[ QUOTE ]
Well this is one of the dumber things I've ever read. What exactly did he try to get involved in? He didn't really care to join the Finer People Club. He had no desire to go with Michael and Dwight to Utica. His jokes, generally, ARE funny, and for the most part his co-workers appreciate them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually he did want to join the finer things club. Then he did try to make a stupid joke. Then he acted as though he read the book, and was called out on it. Something Michael would do.

And really the only co-workers who appreciate his jokes are Pam and Kevin.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found Jim's character to be really annoying in this episode, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. At all. He was put in an incredibly awkward situation and acted incredibly awkward in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I loved Jim in this episode because it actually showed his character in more depth. He's normally the even tempered, joke-making guy. But in this episode we actually see him annoyed and angry. I thought he did the whole car ride really really well.

And that ending was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely loved the car ride scenes. Jim's panicked/angry reaction to Michael and Dwight telling him that they're going to Utica was absolutely perfect. He reacted the same way any normal person would have reacted under the same circumstances.

The awkwardness and embarassment he showed in Utica when he got caught by his ex was also completely spot on.

Jim isn't a "super-cool" guy that can do no wrong. He's a little awkward and dorky, and this episode clearly showed these flaws.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:53 AM

i wouldnt call this a great episode but i laughed out loud more last night in those 30 minutes than i think i had previously at any office episode since "safety training."
Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually he did want to join the finer things club. Then he did try to make a stupid joke. Then he acted as though he read the book, and was called out on it. Something Michael would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was less being part of the club and more being with Pam.

[ QUOTE ]

And really the only co-workers who appreciate his jokes are Pam and Kevin.

[/ QUOTE ]

The inventory episode's cold open is evidence that you're wrong here. Also, the jokes are mainly made for the benefit of the audience. He generally says them in a tone that the camera can pick up, but the majority of the office can't here. Pretty muche everyone in the office respects and likes Jim, and to suggest he's anything like Michael because of a silly scene at the end of this episode is ridiculous.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM

Upon rewatching it, Jim's acting in the scene with Karen is really good. He gets so owned, lol.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:38 PM

I noticed Dwight was peeing in a coke can, which is unsmart/unrealistic for many reasons.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon rewatching it, Jim's acting in the scene with Karen is really good. He gets so owned, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

It kinda reminded me of the scene from last season where Jim and Pam are in the break room and Jim has been up all night talking with Karen and he looks completely exhausted and Pam tells him he needs to get more sleep and whatnot. When I first saw that scene, I was like "wtf is going on. This is the worst scene ever." And then I watched it a second time and realized how awesome of an acting job it was from Pam because she was just so awkward and unsure of herself but trying to be normal around Jim. Jim in Karen's office was Jim being so awkward and yet trying to be super-cool in front of her. I loved it.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed Dwight was peeing in a coke can, which is unsmart/unrealistic for many reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM

jim was awesome in this ep. the scene with karen was really, really good. i'm sure most of us can relate to that resigned look and thought of 'yepppppp.' as she began her onslaught.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 PM

FAKE MOUSTACHES.