Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

I found that by looking at the feet, I can get my brain to see it spinning both clockwise, and counter-clockwise. Just look at the foot, and "see" it spinning clockwise. It's easy to picture because as one of the posters said, you can't tell by just looking at the foot which way it is spinning. It can be spinning either way. Then once you "see" her foot spinning that way, look at the rest of the body. That's how I did it anyway.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 AM

First only clockwise. Few minutes later it changed and now it changes constantly for me.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 PM

It refuses to go anything but clockwise. I tried absolutely as hard as I could to make it go counter-clockwise but it's not even coming close.

Edit:
Stared at it for a full 120 seconds, nothing. This has to be a level, even though I read all of the replies. How can an image that's pre-rendered frame by frame to do 1 specific action look different for everyone.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Okay,I honestly think the picture randomly switches from clockwise to counter clockwise. I see it go both ways.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

Only goes clockwise for me
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOR WHOEVER THINKS IT'S THE IMAGE AND NOT YOUR EYES/BRAIN

get a group of people together atleast 5 or 6 to be sure to have differences, and watch it at the same time. People will see different things at the same time. When I finally got it to switch, i grabbed my friend and he still saw it going clockwise, nothing special, he said... this thing absolutley baffles me

[/ QUOTE ]

ygos?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay,I honestly think the picture randomly switches from clockwise to counter clockwise. I see it go both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is like looking at a drawing of a 3-D cone, some people see the inside of the cone going down and others see the outside of the cone pointing up.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM

the secret is in her raised leg. if you are picturing her raised leg as her left leg, she's going counter-clockwise. if you're picturing her raised leg as her right leg, she's going clockwise.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you look at her bottom foot it's always going clockwise. I'm not sure what could possibly make you see it any differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is simply not true. As the foot goes from facing left to facing right there's no way to know whether it's coming towards you or going away from you in the 3rd dimension. This is equally true about her bottom foot as it is about every other part of her body.

That is why it can go either direction. I closed my eyes and pictured her rotating the opposite way and when I opened my eyes I was able to see her rotating whichever way I'd chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone must have skipped over this post.

the leg is never coming toward you or going away from you, but your brain imagines that it is. you can choose which way she rotates by deciding how you want to interpret the image in 3 dimensions.

try pretending that when she gets to "sideways" she instantly switches the leg she's standing on. with a little effort, you can make it so she never turns her back toward you, she just bounces back and forth.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Try this. Sit back from your monitor a few feet and focus on the caption below the dancer. After a moment, her body will sort of zone out of, and it will appear like the leg is just rotating around an oscillating mass. Now, to me, the leg switches directions much more often once I've done this.