Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

[ QUOTE ]
In the middle lane on a highway, going about 65.
Not much going on in front of me and the right lane is wide open.
I figure I'll move on over to the right lane because traffic is moving along at a good clip.
Put on right directional, look in my rearview and begin my move to the right lane.
As I do this I look right and immediately have to swerve back into the middle because this [censored] [censored] goes wizzing by at about 90 in a low-rider celica pos.
This [censored] was going so fast he was a blur.
When I had looked in my rearview, he was aleady in my blind spot. Had I not looked right as I began to change lanes, I and my family would have most certainly been seriously injured, if not killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would have been the same scenario if you were going to switch to the left lane, and the Celica decided to do the same. As my driving instructor told me when I was 15, "Change lanes after you check your blind spot, don't change while checking".
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'Passing on the right is a dick move.'

[/ QUOTE ]

So, people driving slow in the left lane puts you on tilt but you think it's wrong to pass them on the right when they refuse to move? Sounds like a recipe for success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Doing something you know is a dick move and also hate when other people do the exact same thing is probably the dickiest dick move in all of Dickdom.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 PM

If you actually think passing on the right is a "dick move" when there's someone just cruising along in the left lane blocking traffic, you're in a very, very small minority.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A male passenger then walked up and chastised me, saying, "That's my wife you're talking to."

I said, "That's your problem."

[/ QUOTE ]
This made me laugh out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. Great retort.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I figure I'll move on over to the right lane because traffic is moving along at a good clip.
Put on right directional, look in my rearview and begin my move to the right lane.
As I do this I look right and immediately have to swerve back into the middle because this [censored] [censored] goes wizzing by at about 90 in a low-rider celica pos.
This [censored] was going so fast he was a blur.
When I had looked in my rearview, he was aleady in my blind spot. Had I not looked right as I began to change lanes, I and my family would have most certainly been seriously injured, if not killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would have been the same scenario if you were going to switch to the left lane, and the Celica decided to do the same. As my driving instructor told me when I was 15, "Change lanes after you check your blind spot, don't change while checking".

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and that's what saved me/us.
I had juuust begun to move over while looking right and this guy was *zzzooooom* right past me. I was still in my lane, thankfully. There would have been no time to do anything had i done it blind.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, as far as passing on the right goes, if you're going over the speed limit while doing it it, it is surely illegal.

My next question would be:
How often are you passing on the right going below the speed limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going over the speed limit, everything is illegal technically. The speed limit on a major highway/interstate is very seldom followed by anyone. If I'm passing you on the right, chances are you are cruising in the left at or slightly over the posted limit. I tend to drive about 10 over. Unsafe, not particularly. Technically illegal - yes.

Actually fairly often. people in beaters going 45 in a 55, idiots on their cell phone doing the same, soccer moms who are scared of traffic, etc.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you guys feel bad for letting these people know that they have very dangerous and d-baggy driving habits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because often the way you "let these people know" is by doing something dangerous and/or illegal like cutting them off or tailgating them or something like that.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you guys feel bad for letting these people know that they have very dangerous and d-baggy driving habits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because often the way you "let these people know" is by doing something dangerous and/or illegal like cutting them off or tailgating them or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't anyone teach you the two wrongs make a right?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, as far as passing on the right goes, if you're going over the speed limit while doing it it, it is surely illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, no, the speeding is illegal. Nothing to do with the pass.

[ QUOTE ]
My next question would be:
How often are you passing on the right going below the speed limit?

My guess would be 'not very often'.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf does that have to do with anything? If you want to say that people speeding pisses you off, just say so. Stop trying to connect it to passing on the right. They're completely separate things, and one is illegal everywhere where the other is not only legal many places, but hardly ever enforced.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just speed up to ~75 (or stay at 65 if there's no one behind you) and stay in the middle lane. The guy doing 90 on the right was obviously a huge dick, but changing lanes for no reason while driving fairly slowly in light traffic is pretty dangerous too. Most people are going to be driving faster than you. Some of them much faster. Better to just stay where you are and maybe speed up a little.

For me the one thing that drives me absolutely insane is people who don't know how merge onto a highway, and they're everywhere. Most highways around me have longish on-ramps, but a relatively short merge once the ramp reaches the highway. Without fail, whenever I drive on the highway, there are multiple douche bags that come off the ramp doing 45 into fairly heavy traffic thats moving 70-80. WTF is wrong with these people? Do they not understand that the purpose of the on-ramp is get up to the speed of traffic before they attempt to merge? In my experience these people create more potentially dangerous situations than any other type of driver.