Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Porch thread

Sorry Chump, I'm pulling rank on you here. That thread should be insta deleted, and the "[censored] lover" images should be deleted post haste, NOT quoted.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Porch thread

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Chump, I'm pulling rank on you here. That thread should be insta deleted, and the "[censored] lover" images should be deleted post haste, NOT quoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I didn't move it quick enough.

I just planned to have it up a few minutes after I locked so the posters can let it sink in, then move it here, but then got sidetracked.

My apologies.

So, thoughts?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 PM

I guess my thought is that BBV4L doesn't need to let it "sink in" that those kinds of posts are out of line. That kind of blatant racism is just so obviously out of line.

Also, the more posts bitching about modding that we leave up, the more it encourages people to make similar posts. All of a sudden you've got 10 posts on the same theme because that's what BBV4L likes doing. A good quick nuked before people run with it tends to be best.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, here's a thought: I'm forever indebted to Mat for removing me from consideration from moderating that horrible forum. I felt a debt of gratitude to him and I was willing to spend lots of time getting to know the tone, etc. and trying to help out, but the crap you guys have to put up with and the decisions you have to make are easily the hardest on the site. Hate me for recommending you yet? Best of luck either way, you seem like a great guy and I'm sure you're trying to make the best of a really tough gig.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Well, did you guys read the whole thread? I'm still not sure what the OP was trying to do, but everybody else seemed to know that subsequent posts were a reference to the movie 'clerks 2' and I tried to be the genuine 'good cop' and get down to the bottom of it, but no dice.
I do feel genuinely spit on and I think my second to last post sums up things pretty well.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, here's a thought: I'm forever indebted to Mat for removing me from consideration from moderating that horrible forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my claim that it's a great forum, with some of the best minds on 2p2 regularly posting, but when the rough starts to overtake the diamonds I can easily see the where you or anybody else is coming from.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 PM

Chump,

I would have banned Kevin Smith if he make that stupid porch monkey joke in my forum too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's humor at that "LOOK AT ME I'M BEING SHOCKING AND YOU'RE A PC DICK IF YOU THINK ILL OF ME" level that I really hate. It's cheap and lazy.

[x] grumpus among us.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM

CC,

The only thing - and it's a BIG thing - that doesn't convince me that BBV4L is totally worthless is that awesome posters like you, Georgia Avenue, T-Dog, Gildwulf, kkcountry, DDY, and others I'm forgetting call it home. That gives it huge redeeming quality. But your fanbois suck and need to be constantly managed.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's humor at that "LOOK AT ME I'M BEING SHOCKING AND YOU'RE A PC DICK IF YOU THINK ILL OF ME" level that I really hate. It's cheap and lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

The actual clip is very clever imo, but reusing a small facet of the material as part of an inside joke that is clearly meant to be 'shocking' is lame.

There wasn't even that element in the clip. You weren't left wondering if the character was serious or what his intentions were. It was clear he is an absurd misguided buffoon and the two other characters clearly chastise him for it.

A clip from 'clerks 2' is not imo universal and well known enough that it can be used in the manner it was.

Now, when I asked what was going on, somebody started engaging me with the exact dialogue ("what? really? I didn't know porch monkey was racist!") from the film and strung me along for a bit, that would've been gloriously clever as it would've also been fulfilling my request for some civil discussion while denying any intention of racism.

But, alas, no. They're not that clever. Epic failurevision.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chump,

I would have banned Kevin Smith if he make that stupid porch monkey joke in my forum too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[x] grumpus among us.

[/ QUOTE ]

so...brazilio?