Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Patriots get caught with camera man taping NY Jets coaches playcal

Charlie,

Good post. I do think that Pats supporters are acting a bit defensively, partially b/c of the overreactions to this story. it really does bother me to see Jerome Bettis to go on national TV and say he felt the Steelers could/should have won the games they played vs the Pats. The Eagles want rings? gimme a break. this really, really bothers the guys that worked and fought all year to win the Super Bowl.

what ironic here is that the Pats are the ultimate "us against them" team, famous for inventing disrespect and turning it into motivation. this incident probably has provided the team with a year long motivation to "show the league we can do it again". someone wrote in the Boston Globe this morning that the demolition of the Chargers was a figurative middle finger to the NFL, and they're going to keep trying to show it all year.

The Pats may no longer be America's darling team, but I don't care. Winning teams are seldom loved by everyone.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM

also also, I agree with the Bonds/Belichik comparisons. Belichik is the least media friendly coach in the league, famous for curt and/or no responses. He holds grudges and takes things personally (he still doesn't talk to Tom Jackson, who famously announced on ESPN that "the players hate their coach". the national media may respect him, but I don't think he's anyone pal. ditto for fello NFL coaches - I don't think he has tons of friends throughout the league. he's not Tony Dungy.

if he was as successfull, but a nice guy with the media, (or a less successful mean guy) this story would have played out differently.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and as a pats fan who doesn't care that much about spygate, i also have repeatedly said in the past that i don't care about all the bonds hate or the steroid controversy, and my disgust is generally aimed in the same direction (the media).

[/ QUOTE ]
Not trying to really go against you or anything, but to some degree the media needs to write/talk about what majority of people will have interest in regardless if they are beating a dead horse. It all about the ratings. You being a Pats fan, obviously you know about all the idiots talking about the validity of the Pats SBs which is ludacris, but it gets them to discuss what the media putting out there.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b: incredibly arrogant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man is not a moron.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He holds grudges and takes things personally (he still doesn't talk to Tom Jackson, who famously announced on ESPN that "the players hate their coach".

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? He talked to Tom Jackson after that incident. When Jackson approached him months later to apologize Belichick responded "[censored] you".
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just want to reiterate that just because this is a widespread practice and just because the NY media is jumping all over the patriots out of jealousy and opportunism doesn't mean they don't deserve the penalty. the pats got caught and they took the fall. the deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT pretty much summed up my feelings too.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 AM

I didn't even make anything personal and he starts calling me white trash, some poor [censored] that lives in Minnesota, are you serious? Ban this piece of [censored] and let the adults here continue talking about sports.

Also, if you don't get banned, work on your spelling memory zero. "THERE" does not mean the same thing as "THEIR". And yet you call OTHER people white trash and idiots. The ironing is delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously was banned for two days because of this guy because he "reported me" wow. Make sure you dont insult his Colts or he will turn you in to the admninsration. There is so much that I want to say right now but I like this site way to much to get banned any more.

38-14 Pats see you at Gillete in January if you even make it there.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even make anything personal and he starts calling me white trash, some poor [censored] that lives in Minnesota, are you serious? Ban this piece of [censored] and let the adults here continue talking about sports.

Also, if you don't get banned, work on your spelling memory zero. "THERE" does not mean the same thing as "THEIR". And yet you call OTHER people white trash and idiots. The ironing is delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously was banned for two days because of this guy because he "reported me" wow. Make sure you dont insult his Colts or he will turn you in to the admninsration. There is so much that I want to say right now but I like this site way to much to get banned any more.

38-14 Pats see you at Gillete in January if you even make it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been plenty of Pats. v. Colts debates here in recent memory and very rarely if ever has someone gotten banned. Wonder if anything can be learned from those instances.

Cody
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM

and then the guy that gets me banned PM's me this morning lol. Dont insult the Colts or his beloved Peyton Manning fan club.

Boston > Minnesota

oh and in big games and Superbowl wins (last time I checked)

Patriots 3
Colts 1 (A gift from the League)

"Dude, you didn't get temp-banned because "i reported you". You got a two day break because you made things personal and made a bunch of stupid insults. If you can control that little temper of yours and refrain from reducing your arguments to personal insults, you'll survive. If not, that's a shame.

I must say, I like knowing that I'm so far under your skin that the first thing you do when you get back is whine and cry about getting the 2-day suspension. That's right, memoryzero, it was all me, and had nothing to do with your ridiculous, content-zero posts"
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 AM

You are a pretty awful poster...