Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Please can you add a function to delete sessions from the database.
Since the last PartyPoker update yesterday, PartyPoker has a date and time bug. So every hand, I played today, has the following date and time "Thursday, January 01, 01:00:00 ET 1970" and so Holdem Manager shows a wrong statistic:

It would be nice, if I could delete this hands and import corrected hands, although the hourly winning rate is very nice with the incorrect hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 04:43 PM

I keep getting the message: "user postgres not created: Access denied" I have never had any problems installing before on other PC. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 PM

I am still getting problems with prima - it is importing all 5K hands but 2 (not sure which ones) and shows an incorrect total winnings (by a large margin).
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Rvg did you ever get the solution to that hh I sent you where the players with a symbol or some thing in their name casued it to not import?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rvg did you ever get the solution to that hh I sent you where the players with a symbol or some thing in their name casued it to not import?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet - will need be rolled in with some bigger changes.

[ QUOTE ]
I am still getting problems with prima - it is importing all 5K hands but 2 (not sure which ones) and shows an incorrect total winnings (by a large margin).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok... will double check prima. If you could let me know specific hands that are wrong that would be very helpful. Any chance those 2 failed hands (in c:\importerrors.txt likely at the very bottom) could account for the difference? There is one known issue where multiple people are all-in and there are multiple split pots.

[ QUOTE ]
I keep getting the message: "user postgres not created: Access denied" I have never had any problems installing before on other PC. Anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Postgres installed ok or were there any error messages? Make sure you are logged in as administrator. Also try opening up pgadmin and see if you can login with the username, password and port you are entering in HM. ok, saw your other post. Make sure you disable User Access Control in Vista before installing postgres.

[ QUOTE ]
Please can you add a function to delete sessions from the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately coming along with deleting individual hands but it will still be a little while - not that I don't think it is important but it ties in with other bigger changes that I'm working on.

[ QUOTE ]
Since the last PartyPoker update yesterday, PartyPoker has a date and time bug. So every hand, I played today, has the following date and time "Thursday, January 01, 01:00:00 ET 1970"

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Party is terrible...

[ QUOTE ]

with party poker handhistories you might want to get rid of all ">You have options at Table XYZ.." lines before storing them in your DB!

i had to write my own program to do this on ptrackers existing databases.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original HH is stored as is including these lines but the HMSF of course strips them out.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't run any reports: "The following error occurred when running this report: Object doesn't support this property or method." Any advice what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be logging into another 2+2ers pc on Sunday night who has this type of problem so hopefully I can get it resolved. Until then there probably isn't much you can do - make sure you disable anti virus, that has helped a bunch of people.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like the session stats to be (optionally?) broken down by table name and to show site

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be there - there is a report drop down box in the Sessions tab that will let you do this. It is currently disabled but it will be enabled once this is done.

[ QUOTE ]

wowowowowo [censored] awesome just installed this, ETA on a HUD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not yet. Still doing a lot of work finalizing and improving other pieces of the program. Once I'm closer I'll be able to provide an ETA.

[ QUOTE ]
I see no problems really, I guess money won could be red/green, and totals tab could be bold.

[/ QUOTE ]

All that stuff is coming - not super high priority right now but shouldn't be too much longer.

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot connect to the database because the "target machine actively block it." This occur right after I installed the new patch. I think the problem is I changed the default names of the database and its password instead of leaving it postgres, postgresspass. Where can I go to check the name of my database?

[/ QUOTE ]

The database name will be HoldemManagerBeta but even if you change the user name and password you should be able to enter those into HM. Are you being prompted with that HM connection screen? Try using different password / user combinations - also, make sure the port number is incorrect and also make sure that Postgres is running. Either reboot or go into Adminstrative tools and check the postgres service.

[ QUOTE ]
Not too sure if it's even useful, but since you mentioned we'll be able to tailor our own stats, does this include betsizing? For example:
"fold to a raise after betting <50% pot on the flop after calling a raise preflop"
or
"W$SD when betting >150% pot on the river"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, very easy to do but I haven't documented how just yet and don't think I've enabled the filters that would let you do this through that filter form.

I'm on a 3-day mini vacation so internet access is limited - I'll login again tomorrow night and answer any new questions.

Later,

rvg
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 AM

About the "Turn cbet %"... Does it mean the times that I cbet the turn after cbetting the flop OR cbetting the turn after i checked the flop OR both? If answer is "both" is there a way to get these seperately?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 AM

Hi. Sorry if these have already been addressed:

I have imported the same hands to HM as I have previously imported to PT and while the number of hands in the current filter is a perfect match, there is a difference in $ won that ammounts to one bb.

This is Stars NL Cashgames.

Also, a minor thing that keeps bugging me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Every time I open the software to import files or from a folder, the default path gets reset to c:\ instead of the last used folder.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have imported the same hands to HM as I have previously imported to PT and while the number of hands in the current filter is a perfect match, there is a difference in $ won that ammounts to one bb.

This is Stars NL Cashgames.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think (but I'm not absolutely certain) that this is a function of HM having a better and more accurate method of calculating winnings on split pots.

There is, from memory (and hey, it's 4am here, so forgive me for possibly being inaccurate) an error whereby PT makes an approximation on that calculation that isn't quite right.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:14 PM

Dunno if this has been suggested before, but here goes:

Given the co-operation between legopoker and hm, what if the hh's would work the other way around too. I imagine legopoker keeps database of hh's converted with it, so when user pastes hh from legopoker to forum, the hh would contain link, like: hmanager://legopoker.com/hh.php?id=12345. Then another user could hit the link, and holdem manager's hand replayer would automatically open and load the hand from lego poker and replay it. That would make reading hh's much nicer.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the "Turn cbet %"... Does it mean the times that I cbet the turn after cbetting the flop OR cbetting the turn after i checked the flop OR both? If answer is "both" is there a way to get these seperately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, the Turn CBet is when you PFR and are called, CBet the flop and are called and have a chance to CBet the turn.

If you want a different type of stat like the one you mentioned it is possible but I'll be saving a lot of this for closer to launch time.

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I open the software to import files or from a folder, the default path gets reset to c:\ instead of the last used folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will get things like this all atraightened up in the next little bit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars cash import isn't 100% yet but pretty close. I suspect it was a dead blind or something similar that the parser missed.

[ QUOTE ]
I think (but I'm not absolutely certain) that this is a function of HM having a better and more accurate method of calculating winnings on split pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This applies to the vs Player stats tab where I include split pots and PT doesn't. In this guys case I would guess that PT is accurate and HM is off by 1 BB since PT has been around for years vs 1 month for HM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Then another user could hit the link, and holdem manager's hand replayer would automatically open and load the hand from lego poker and replay it. That would make reading hh's much nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't talked about this but the whole PokerHand XML initiative is meant to make this type of application to application communication work seamlessly so you are definetely thinking along the same lines.

rvg