Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Tempurpedic Matresses

Link
I'm looking into buying a new mattress and am considering buying one of these. Everytime I see them in stores they feel incredibly comfortable but I have never actually slept on them. The matresses are pretty expensive though.

I'm curious what other people and figured there must be people in OOT who use them? Are they worth it?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Tempurpedic Matresses

I used to sell the TempurPedic mattresses; keep in mind that they are very temperature sensitive, meaning that, if you keep your room cool or cold, they will be quite hard, and, conversely, they will be quite soft in a warm room or season. Also, if you get the 12" mattress, it will be softer, in general, than the 10" one. Nice mattresses, but they can take a month or two to adjust to...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 AM

Only get one if you sleep on your back. They are not very comfortable otherwise
Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 AM

About 8 years ago I took a chance and bought a Tempurpedic from Brookstone. I'd tried it at the store and it felt good but it was sort of newfangled so I was a bit leery. However, I'd been living with a terrible pain in my right hip and had to twist myself into wierd positions to sleep and I was desperate to try anything that might help.

I still have the original one and it's held up very well. The pain in my hip almost completely went away after about 2 months and I was thrilled. These mattresses take just a bit of getting used to. You'll find that it's kind of strange getting out of them at first because there is so much 'give' when you put your hand down to push yourself up but I got used to it pretty soon. The above poster mentioned cold and hot rooms affecting the mattress which I guess is true but your body will warm up the mattress if the room is cold and it'll adjust after a couple of minutes. I have no experience sleeping in a hot room and I don't want any. Also, the mattress may take a month to fully break in.

At Brookstone recently I saw the new mattress with the pillow top. I realllllllllly want one but it's $3,200 just for the mattress (probably all I need) and it's unbelieveably comfortable. Sooner or later I'm going to get it.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:30 AM

Bought one a year ago, and love it. I sleep so much better.
I sleep on my side, back and stomach. Depending on drunkeness.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 AM

I bought one with my relocation bonus and have been please. Quite comfortable, and I'm a side sleeper.

However, I have had back issues for like the past 18 months, and I think it's just sedentary office life related, but I've been beginning to wonder if it's because I sleep on my side on the tempurpedic.

Another good thing: 20 year warranty. So even though they cost more, if you like it, it lasts twice as long as standard mattresses.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Link
I'm looking into buying a new mattress and am considering buying one of these. Everytime I see them in stores they feel incredibly comfortable but I have never actually slept on them. The matresses are pretty expensive though.

I'm curious what other people and figured there must be people in OOT who use them? Are they worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a long thread titled "ask me about mattresses" or something like that. Find that one, it had a lot of good info.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 AM

If you're hesitant about taking the plunge, I bought myself and 'Chair a memory foam mattress topper (2 inches) a while back (like $150 at Target). I absolutely love it, it has improved my really awful sleep considerably. This might be something to try before you go all out and buy a Tempurpedic.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 PM

I have a fake one and it's the best sleep i've ever had.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Just purchased a SIMMONS KING PILLOW TOP .....Classic edition.

These sell anywhere from 1,000-2000 and I picked one up an auction for a mere $160.

LOVE IT and highly recommend it.