Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: TV Critics best and worst of TV lists

I just finished season 1 of The Wire and it doesn't start getting really good until Episode 9 Gametime IMO. I was also very upset because someone ruined Episode 12 for me in an OOT thread. Notice that I call it Episode 12 and not the episode where x happens.
Also people can't just say things like LOST or has so many plot holes without expanding in the slightest. The reason why so many people felt it wasn't a great season is because people spent all week looking forward to an episode and when there wasn't a giant secret or twist at the end people were disappointed because they waited a week looking for it. This summer I plan on watching The Wire in full, The Shield in Full and FNL so maybe my opinions will change later.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
24 had a bad season, but as others had said, it was still much better then "My super sweet sixteen" or "Flava of love."

[/ QUOTE ]this is like saying "hey lebron didn't perform that well in the finals but he played better than shawn bradley or the cavaliers mascot."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what he is saying. And to take your analogy one step further, the basketball critics now rank Lebron the second worst player in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

Dexter deserves a mention.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question for The Wire fans. I watched the first DVD and the beginning of the second one and couldnt really get into it.

Does it get better because it felt like I was forcing myself to watch the first dvd because of all the rave reviews Ive read.

[/ QUOTE ]

it gets better, but if you don't think the first season is great after having watched it all, you're not wired right and watching any further episodes is probably a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you're not hooked after the front-and-follow game, you have some sort of mental malfunction.

This show started slow like any great HBO drama...they develop their story and characters better than any show ever. Season 3 was probably the single greatest season of tv ever, until Season 4 aired.

- C -
Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
24 had a bad season, but as others had said, it was still much better then "My super sweet sixteen" or "Flava of love."

[/ QUOTE ]this is like saying "hey lebron didn't perform that well in the finals but he played better than shawn bradley or the cavaliers mascot."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what he is saying. And to take your analogy one step further, the basketball critics now rank Lebron the second worst player in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the mascot doesn't count as an NBA player, so Lebron is 2nd worst behind Bradley (what am I missing?)
Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 AM

Lost and the Office are my two favorite shows of all time. I also watch Entourage and enjoy it a lot, but I'd never call it a "great show" and could understand why people wouldn't watch it. Other than that, I just watch sports on tv or channel surf.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 - Tyler Perry's House of Payne

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll admit I've never seen an episode of this show, but have seen multiple previews for it.

with that said, I can't imagine a more horrible/unfunny show ever being conceived of by man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not watched any shows of it either, but the concept is very simple: Tyler Perry has a HUGE following, give him a show and see if it will be a hit. Of course, there is zero crossover in Tyler Perry's following, and OOT, so I doubt we'd ever get a real analysis of whether or not the show hits it's target audience's wheelhouse or not.