Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: BLUFF no. 2

oh, btw in regards to the "if you never bluff in SNGs you'll be fine"... that's probably true. But I think it's silly to say that and then NEVER bluff - I mean you might be fine never bluffing but if you actually are able to pick out good spots to bluff and do it successfully enough you'll definitely be more fine. Just don't get carried away with it.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Against it: It's an obvious bluff. Donks call with a seven and hope to be bet into again, so if villain is a donk, he will be likely to call on suspicion if he has a piece. You risk more than you gain and 200 chips, bleh with that stack.
For it: Bluffers lead OOP. I remember reading this from Bob Ciaffone. Mostly it's true of the river, but I think in this spot too, a bluffer is more likely to lead, because you have no reason to think the other guy will bet it. So the c/r looks less like a bluff than just leading into it. Also, villain likely has nothing.

As for the other question, I think that bluffing is +$$$ but not so much that you'd go far wrong if you didn't do it.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike

Ive been saving up all of my bluffs from the last few weeks and would love to post some, ones that went good and the ones that went bad

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be great to see a bunch of bluff gone wrong posts, so that we could talk about whether OP should or shouldn't have.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM

drzen:

It is very unlikely he has a piece for one thing. Also, this bluff works best against donks, not the other way around. You don't want to do this against a thinking player. But obvious bluffs work against non-thinking players.

IMO, leading this turn is much more believable than trying to sell someone on the fact that you were going for a c/r on flop and the turn.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 PM

It sucks vs. some one who can hand read, but it is fine. BTW I'm being a nit here, but if shoving ATC isn't a bluff I have no [censored] idea what is.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike

Ive been saving up all of my bluffs from the last few weeks and would love to post some, ones that went good and the ones that went bad

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be great to see a bunch of bluff gone wrong posts, so that we could talk about whether OP should or shouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I've never said that either of the two I've posted actually won me the pot.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I've never said that either of the two I've posted actually won me the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Second-levelled me.