Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: How to play NLH headsu sng when the blinds reach 50/100 (5-10 doll

Alright. What about when he has around 6-7bb left and I have a dominating chip lead? Should I just wait for a quality hand to push or can I push every hand? And also vice versa, can I push every hand if I got around 6-7bb left?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM

If he pushes into you:

You need to consider how well your hand plays against his range. 35%? 40%? 60%? Obviously if you are in good shape you call. If you are below 50% you should be considering how much your blind is going to add to his stack. What you need to know is if you will be better off calling in the next couple hands, or right there.

If you are pushing into him you can be a lot looser:

You need to consider his calling range and how well you match up against it. I believe Q7o+ puts you above 50% of his range, but assuming you are called you are generally in much worse shape than that.

For 6-7 BBs I'm shoving any ace, any PP, any 2 10+, any connectors. If I think he will fold a decent range I will widen my range to 1 and 2 gappers, etc.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is an okay play is the blinds are 50/100 and both players have 15bb left, that I keep going all-in no matter what I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Constantly shoving all in when both you and your opponent have 15BB each is a very bad idea, especially if you've been very aggressive at the table. It would be counter productive to start going all in with hands like 97 offsuit, 65 offsuit etc.

A 3x BB raise at these blinds will most likely produce the same desired result (your opponent folding and you stealing the blinds), but if he doesn't, you can still get away from the pot on the flop if you miss and the opponent bets, or pre-flop if your opponent comes over the top of you.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM

I agree with Jitterbug, there's still a bit of play when you have 15BB left. It's better if you rely on your opponent to make those all-in shove mistakes than you, while you chip away at his stack.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM

If you don't have SNGPT, get it. Chances are you are shoving waaaay to tight. If you have 6-7bbs, they have to be calling soooo wide to make your shove with NE2 unprofitable. People don't know how to adjust to push/fold and end up calling way too tight. V. most opponents, you should almost always shove NE2 with 10bbs, at least until they catch on and open up their calling range. Even then, sometimes they don't call wide enough.