Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Could you fold AA?

yes, someone with those stats is folding pf almost all the draws you've listed. It's not combo draws we're up against, it's Ax draws -- if anything. Villain's probably not just calling with that many Axcc hands either. AQcc+ can be eliminated as well, as this villain would probably be reraising with those. AJcc is out, too.

I'm not saying it's right to call, I'm just saying we're 2-1 against the draws. Sets are the other half of the equation; we're just not flipping with the draws.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This range is too tight. I don't know many 23/17's that would call a raise from the SB with small SCs like 54s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I forgot villain flatcalled OOP. I think that just skews his range way more toward sets though, since his flop aggro is too low to be doing this with a naked flush draw, and he probably 3bets big suited broadways anyway.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that AJ or KJ is a much bigger part of his range. I stack off here almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This villain never has AJ/KJ here.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that AJ or KJ is a much bigger part of his range. I stack off here almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This villain never has AJ/KJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my issue though, can you see the villian leading with a set here? I almost never see this at these levels.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my issue though, can you see the villian leading with a set here? I almost never see this at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF, villain seems decent, he can easily play a set fast given deep stacks. Are you just going to blindly shove because people usually don't play sets fast?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM

I do at 50NL -- almost every time to an early position raiser. I do this with Ax draws, and sets. Get's the stack or I'm flipping. Heck, first thing I learned in Super System. Doyle called it the strongest play in hold 'em, I think.

I'm not sure it's right at 25NL, however, or common.

Honestly, this might be a fold, though I'm not sure because I don't have access to stove right now. It's so thin though, one way or the other. Thing that might swing this for me is that if villain is better than just kinda loosy and raisy, he's not calling with Axcc in the SB very often -- if at all. From the BB, it'd be an easier call for me.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:50 PM

If you are not going to fold AA on this flop, do you ever fold AA on a board where any draw is possible at all?

And I agree with Kasane, seems like a lot of decent players donkbet with a flopped set, expecting the EP raiser to reraise with their big PP and play for stacks that way.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my issue with this: what does the villian call here with in the SB and then leads the flop? Whith a flop aggression like that, I can only really see the villian CRing the flop. I cant imagine that a flop is played this aggressive with a set here. I think that AJ or KJ is a much bigger part of his range. I stack off here almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain won't have AJ/KJ here after 3 betting flop. Its either AQ/AK club suited , or a set. And I think the set is much more likely.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant imagine that a flop is played this aggressive with a set here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You can't see a set being played like this with a flush draw on board and more than 150bb deep? I can. This is probably the way I would play a set here, especially semi deep like this. Fold is fine.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lead with a set here hoping to get raised.

As for the hero's play. Difficult spot. With 100 bb stacks I'd probably call this. With this depth I could see myself folding also. Flush draw makes me want to call this, but it looks more like a set to me. Someone suggested just calling on flop. I actually like that line.