Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Newest Cardplayer Details AP Scandal. Except For-

Maybe you should check out this url David.
He kinda put the handhistory stuff into how unlikely it is using numbers.
http://wizardofodds.com/software/absolutepoker.html
Old 11-16-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should check out this url David.
He kinda put the handhistory stuff into how unlikely it is using numbers.
http://wizardofodds.com/software/absolutepoker.html

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the numbers mean nothing in that article. He tested how likely it would be for someone to win that many pots assuming that everyone was playing with the same style. Obviously, not everyone plays with the same style, and loose aggressive players win far more than their share of the pots. So does the winner of a tournament. There have been better mathematical analyses elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It kind of st*nks that David can't post a thread without being ridiculed here... sometimes I worry about you people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you're new here and I hope you're not just trolling I will reply seriously.

David makes a new thread everytime he posts unless he made the thread, if he was a regular user he would be banned by now for gross attention whoring.

While Davids posts are usually well thought out and good quality posts the lack of Davids ability to find the "reply" button annoys people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brings up another type of person I worry about. Someone that didn't even exist ten years ago. I speak of those of you who pay such strict attention to what I would call "internet codes of behavior". Many of which I am unfamiliar with. Breaking one of those codes is so distressing to them that they think it shouldn't be done even if there are good reasons to make an exception. Such as when the busy part owner of a site wants to maximize the chances that others will read an idea he wants to get out there.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Yes. I hate it when that happens
Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It kind of st*nks that David can't post a thread without being ridiculed here... sometimes I worry about you people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you're new here and I hope you're not just trolling I will reply seriously.

David makes a new thread everytime he posts unless he made the thread, if he was a regular user he would be banned by now for gross attention whoring.

While Davids posts are usually well thought out and good quality posts the lack of Davids ability to find the "reply" button annoys people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brings up another type of person I worry about. Someone that didn't even exist ten years ago. I speak of those of you who pay such strict attention to what I would call "internet codes of behavior". Many of which I am unfamiliar with. Breaking one of those codes is so distressing to them that they think it shouldn't be done even if there are good reasons to make an exception. Such as when the busy part owner of a site wants to maximize the chances that others will read an idea he wants to get out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sick burn.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Davey Sklansky, once again you do not respond to anyone's serious questions or responses to your original post or the Absolute Poker Scandal. Instead your sole response has to do with someone's criticism of the WAY you post. You are not only breaking the "internet codes of behavior" of behavior here, Davey. You are breaking the codes of conversation- when someone makes an initial statement, and others respond to that statement with questions or arguments, it is usually proper to respond back.

Thanks for bringing us all this breaking revelation about Cardplayer, though. I can't wait until you break the news that Barry Bonds probably has taken steroids, and there's something suspicious about his trainer Greg Anderson deciding to stay in jail instead of testify.

But seriously if you truly want these "ideas" to "get out there", you should probably focus your efforts on getting this info out beyond the BBV forum, where everyone already knows this, and instead into the mainstream media, in order to inform the majority of people who are still clueless. Then maybe you will actually be contibuting a little bit to something.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Sklansky for president?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky for president?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-16-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't sure whether to make a point by point rebuttal, flippant comment or philosophical whimsy.

I decided to go with my favourite lolcat.