Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was harmless fun, you guys are overreacting. Nobody can say or do anything nowadays without a bunch of drama queens jumping down their throats claiming racism and discrimination. Shut up whiners!

I love the video blog Daniel,keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

UGH and nobody can level criticism "nowadays" or be offended without being labeled a "drama queen" or PC. Seriously, what's wrong with discourse and differences of opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the finality of the conclusions that it was racially offensive that generates problems. There will always be a perceived injustice by certain types because it gives them purpose. There is a lot of sanctimonious crap in this thread. Newsflash, humor is subjective (kinda like art, music, etc.) A lot of "thought police" chiming in as a minority by proxy.

DN, please do not capitulate to whining PC types. It only adds to the "symbolism over substance" mentality. I could make a case that the subjugation of women in Hip-Hop culture is more clearly offensive, but that [censored] gets celebrated on these forums.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I never thought for a second that ANYONE would be offended in the least when I did it. Not one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You're not that naive. And if that's true, why did you feel the need to have it previewed by an audience that included black members? I wasn't offended by it all, and agree that people are overreacting. But I think it would have been pretty easy to predict these overractions, which is why you had it previewed by an audience prior to releasing it to the public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 PM

Old 02-15-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, if you havent voted yet, I would like to see a bigger sample so here you go:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...howtopic=88090

so far I cant help but laugh at my caucasian brother sticking up for the black man when none is needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and i'm black [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yes, and i'm not black [ 14 ] ** [21.88%]
No, and i'm black [ 2 ] ** [3.13%]
No, and i'm not black [ 48 ] ** [75.00%]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this vote took place on 2p2 75% would say "Yes, and I'm black"
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 PM

I've read most of these posts. In Danny's blog he points out that most of the people offended are white (how he knows that I have no clue). With the same speculative research as Danny had I will say that most of the people that have no problem with this are also white. So the question of who has a problem or not is a wash.

What Negreanu fails to grasp -- on a regular basis I might add -- is that he is not a comedian by trade. Even comedians cannot get away with the stuff they used to. Hell, Damon Wayans was banned from the same comedy club as KKKramer after he also used the 'n' word. Danny needs to realize that we live in a world where the climate is such that it is not worth it to do those types of things that can be seen as insensitive.

The underlying problem with the guy is not that he is a racist (I don't think he is) but that he has this constant need for attention and does many many goofy things to get it. Whether it is saying positive things about the Iranian President while trashing George Bush, browbeating Phil Gordon for being critical of his friend E-Dog, or dressing up in blackface, Negreanu has shown that he will say and do almost anything to keep himself in the limelight.

The issue is ego, not race.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, you're ignoring the fact that most people who are criticizing Daniel AREN'T offended by what he did, they're just amazed that someone with such a public presence DOESN'T realize that doing this is pretty foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people, like yourself, aren't affended by what he did then why are they (YOU) getting their thong in a bunch?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, you're ignoring the fact that most people who are criticizing Daniel AREN'T offended by what he did, they're just amazed that someone with such a public presence DOESN'T realize that doing this is pretty foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people, like yourself, aren't affended by what he did then why are they (YOU) getting their thong in a bunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the thong-bunching is a reaction to the rampant stupidity of posts like yours.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not worth explaining. Try re-reading the entire thread. If you still don't find an answer to this question, YSSCKY.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM

all his sponsors should disassociate themselves with Daniel for this, and im not kidding. Just because he has established himself as "not being racist" gives him no excuse to publish an extremely racist video which he probably used as a way to increase traffic to his video blog to increase his $$$.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:52 PM

I'm reminded of Seinfeld.

Priest: "And this offends you as a Jew?"
Jerry: "No, it offends me as a comedian."