Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Journeyman

There was a thread some time ago regarding this show but I'm an idiot and can't find it. In any event, everyone should be watching this. Its now one of my favorite shows. Apparently its ratings are declining slightly and this is unacceptable. This show cannot be cancelled, so watch it for christ sakes. McKidd is the truth.
Also, does anyone else who watches wish that McKidd would ask Livia why Taye Diggs kept living the same day over and over again. I need to know.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Journeyman

I thought this show's pilot was promising. I now see that it is just going to be a gay version of Quantum Leap (which in and of itself was pretty gay, imo).
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Is this that show about a guy, you know, who does stuff? And then some stuff happens, and then it all turns out good in the end? Ok, I'll be sure to watch it.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 PM

His ex went down in hotness the more i saw of her so i haven't watched this show for the last two weeks. I might watch it on nbc.com but i'm kinda lazy.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this show's pilot was promising. I now see that it is just going to be a gay version of Quantum Leap (which in and of itself was pretty gay, imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I remember people comparing it to Quantum Leap. I'm too young for QL so that doesn't affect me. It pains me that no one has chimed in with good things to say about the show. Makes me think there is something wrong with my TV judgment.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 PM

I watched a couple of episodes, and found it rather, meh. No real desire to watch anymore.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I remember people comparing it to Quantum Leap. I'm too young for QL so that doesn't affect me. It pains me that no one has chimed in with good things to say about the show. Makes me think there is something wrong with my TV judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Quantum Leap. It's better. I love Quantum Leap and just think this show is sorta okay.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 PM

The ex's hotness factor did plummet this week due to some poor choices by the wardrobe dept, but I still like the show.

It looks like this week he solved his money issues, but the solution may come back to bite him in the ass later because of the liquor store hold-up. Failing to file the McCleen (aka D.B. Cooper) story may also hurt his job prospects as the paper looks to cut costs.

I liked the sequence when his son saw his "magic", and it avoided the common pitfall of season-long misunderstandings that could be avoided by a five-minute conversation. On the other hand, I'm getting frustrated that he isn't grilling his ex about how everything works. This week it looked like he had quite a bit of time with her (they were strolling leisurely down the street, chatting) and he didn't try to find out what her roll is, where she goes when she isn't warping into his adventures, who/what she thinks is behind everything, etc...

Still, all in all, I think the show has some pretty smart writing. They're fixing the quick fixes at a decent pace while still maintaining some mystery.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM

The discussion with the doctor was a big letdown. Also they would fix like all of their problems if they just let on to his brother whats going on.. but then of course we wouldn't have the whole "will his wife hook up with his brother" storyline that will continue to annoy us. zzz.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM

I saw it last night for the first time. I thought it was pretty good. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'll watch it again to see how it goes. The part where his kid saw his "magic" was great. There can be a lot of potential for a show like this.