Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: UTG (25/13) limps and you from the button make it $9 to go. Folded to the UTG limper who reraises
55 9 50.00%
AQo 1 5.56%
AJs 1 5.56%
JTs 4 22.22%
76s 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Karaoke

I never sang karaoke at a public place like a bar. However I have done it at house parties when I was drunk and stoned, its a fun time. Plus girls love guys who are willing to do stupid S*** like sing corny songs, atleast in my experiences.

Also the hot girls who totally destroy songs and feel bad afterwards are easy to cheer up and get to know better.....

Conspire
Old 11-13-2007, 01:39 AM

I just did this for the first time this week. We were all very drunk.
I had no intention of taking it seriously and just wanted to do something stupid with friends.

The thing I noticed is almost everyone there completely ignored the singing, unless it was someone at their table. Except this couple. How weird is this:

I was amazingly awful. I didn't expect to be good, but I chose "Why don't we get drunk and screw" because it is basically a monotone, and it's short, and has about 30 words. They don't give people the hook at karaoke bars, but halfway through the song the dude turned the lyrics on over me. I would like to progress from painfully awful to amusingly awful, if anyone has suggestions.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump my own thread. I stumbled into one of these the other night and all we did was be baffled by people taking karaoke seriously, like it's American Idol at some [censored] sports bar on a Saturday night. WTF? So goddamned weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by seriously? were they mad b/c people didn't applaud or something like that?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess I have a case of stage fright where I can't bring myself to belt out a tune in earnest and risk public rejection

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is to be drunk enough that you think you sang great and don't really notice how the public reacts
Old 11-13-2007, 02:59 AM

Yeah, if you're sober enough to be able to distinctly see the audience and/or stand up straight, you're doing it wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump my own thread. I stumbled into one of these the other night and all we did was be baffled by people taking karaoke seriously, like it's American Idol at some [censored] sports bar on a Saturday night. WTF? So goddamned weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by seriously? were they mad b/c people didn't applaud or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, what I meant is, they were seriously out there crooning like it they were lowered onto the stage at the Grammys. There would be some polite applause when they finished their song, but nobody was over the top and nobody was spectacular.

stinkypete's post about getting drunk enough to not care and just having fun with it makes sense, but not only were people not evidently drunk, but they appeared to be specifically in the bar for karaoke night, and their chance to croon to the anonymous masses.

Meh, judging by the responses in this thread I'm apparently the only one amazed by this phenomenon.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM

haha last time I sang karaoke was piss drunk at a english bar in ayia napa(cyprus) in front of a crowd of 100 35+ people.

My friend got to pick the song and picked "Milk inc - walk on water" yeah.. try singing that song as a guy. It was fun as hell though
Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Standard rules for karaoke:

1. Pick a song faster than mid-tempo
2. Avoid songs with high registers
3. Belt out the words, don't try to "sing"
4. Courage, not skill
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

Curious.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Caroline is a great song to sing

SWEEET CAROLINE <DAH DAH DAH> GOOD TIMES NEVER FELT SO GOOD <SOOOO GOOD SOOO GOOD SOOO GOOD>~

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my go to.