Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Lost with flopped top 2 , multiway

Button is Laggy reg who thinks I'm a spazz because I play back at him a lot because HE'S the spazz (and has a hard candy shell) BB is mildly unknown but seems not good...

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (9.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB
Old 11-29-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Lost with flopped top 2 , multiway

i think you have enough to bet the turn, but i'm not sure and your line is fine anyhow.

i'd donk the river though since a Q isn't gonna be raising you very often and nobody has a flush, obviously. I never fold to a raise but def should here.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Lost with flopped top 2 , multiway

Bet the turn. The 9h is bad but the pot is 9BB and you have top two pair, giving a free card to a naked heart/Q/8 is a disaster. Obviously call a raise and re-evaluate the river card. BB has a piece of the board (probably a pair), and button can be pushing anything, they like to go nuts in big pots.

I don't know if I like a bet on the river. We may catch bluffs if we check, but they're probably calling a wide range after turn action. Getting raised sucks, but we need to call getting 12:1.