Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arguing this with Guthrie is redundant. it's happened time and time again. He is one of the unlucky ones with a rigged account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people might think that moderators should refrain from making snide remarks, repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I'm a mod is because I've been here for awhile and I'm a pretty active poster. So, as someone that's been here awhile, some posters just get on your nerves from there posting habits.

Your particular habit that is irritating is that you only post in threads that discuss downswings and talk about how bad you've run forever. You contribute very little otherwise.

So, forgive my snide comments, but I'll continue to make them because it's a good outlet for me and I am not running the risk of chasing away a contributing member of STTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly am I supposed to contribute? I post a hand, a couple of people make a snide comment, then it dies, or gets completely ignored in the first place.

I respond to other people's hand posts, and my response is pretty much the same as everyone else, so why bother.

I ask for help, I get ridicule from the regulars as well as the mods.

I finally find a few non-jerks to review my HHs, they find no significant leaks, but according to you and the rest of the jerks I'm a terrible player. How exactly do you come to that conclusion without ever looking at a single hand of mine?

I wrote software that produced a lot of stats on SnGs that PT doesn't. Several players sent me their HHs, I sent them their stats, and they thanked me. The jerks here just ridiculed my effort.

I posted in this thread because a new player asked about downswings. To the arrogant jerks, downswings don't exist. Is that a good thing to tell a new player? Just because he ran hot for 500 tournies, should he expect the same results as the best players over thousands of tournies? According to many on this forum, yes, of course he should. Don't anybody dare suggest caution. SnGs are free money. Any idiot can beat them.

This forum isn't here just for the mods, the winning players, and former SnG players who just come back here to shoot off their mouth about how drunk they got last night, or their road trip to wherever.

If you don't like it, then maybe you should resign as a moderator and move to another forum. I pay the same for my forum membership as you do.

And I will continue to honestly answer the questions of new players, and try to ignore your insults.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Guthrie, I can't argue with that.

Your post is such an exageration. Gross exageration tend to stem from a rationale not worth arguing. So I'm not going to say much.

I'm just going to say that, right or wrong, I will come to the conclusion that someone that doesn't win much or even loses over a very significant sample can't be that good at poker.

At the end of the day I measure ones poker skill through money lost and won. If that makes me arrogant or a jerk, so be it.

For the new players reading this (just in case I gave the impression that good players don't have downswing), good players have downswings. It's rare they will last for years though.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally find a few non-jerks to review my HHs, they find no significant leaks, but according to you and the rest of the jerks I'm a terrible player. How exactly do you come to that conclusion without ever looking at a single hand of mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guthrie, you have significant leaks. If you think you don't, that itself is a significant leak.

I've been a fulltime pro for 4 years, and i have significant leaks that i work on constantly to improve my game. Jman wrote an article about having signifacant leaks he works on constantly. Jman crushes $25/$50 and up nl games.

If you really think your play is optimal, your fooling yourself. Watch instructional video's or known good player hand histories and everytime it's their turn to act pause it and decide what you would do. Any time they do something different, figure out why.

With the aditude that you play great but are unlucky you really dont deserve to make much from this game. The people that do are trying everyday to learn something new and get a little bit better.