Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Rolex Replicas?

So I'm browsing some 2p2 thread and I come across an image of a beautiful rolex, I couldn't even take my eyes off it. So I went to Rolex's website and drooled over some more watches before I came across one that I really liked. Apparently Rolex.com doesn't really offer much help at all in pricing or purchasing them, so I took the name of the one I liked and entered it into google and then google images. I clicked on one link of a particular style I liked, and came across a site that was selling it and a bunch more just like it here . I looked at the price and it said they were selling (the particular one I wanted) it for $800! Obviously right away I realize that they're selling replicas and not the real thing. Still, I'm a little intrigued and I'm browsing through the site, and it actually seems legit. I'm still not quite sold though, although usually most scams are pretty obvious from the get go. One of the payment options on this site is a C.O.D., so the chances of it being an outright scam seem pretty slim. Overall the site seems very professional. I tried to run a search on the site to get some feedback from real people (I can't give any credit to testamonials on the site for obvious reasons) but I kept getting irrelevant hits and couldn't find much useful information.

Anyways, here is an excerpt from the site describing the quality of the watches:

Swiss-Made Grade 1 Rolex replicas are the "Rolls Royce" of Replicas. These Timepieces are so exact, not even your friends, family members or co-workers will be able to tell the difference. The only way a Rolex jeweler can tell them apart is if they disassemble the watch & thoroughly inspect it. The weight, look & feel is identical.

It almost sounds too good to be true, and usually when something is too good to be true, it is. So I'm wondering if anybody has ever dealt with this site or another like it that deals in Rolex Replicas. Is the site legit? Are the watches just as they describe? I find it hard to believe that they could make one that could fool a rolex jewler all things considered, but who knows.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Rolex Replicas?

I know nothing about the site specifically, but a guy I went to college with paid like $50 for a fake rolex from a dude on the street and it kept perfect time for several years.

I do not know how close it was in terms of quality to what you're talking about, but as far as timekeeping ability, fakes can be good.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 AM

Is this site legit? Seems like copyright infringement to me

edit: they seem to be high quality

he calls them replicas in this video
Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All replicas are illegal I'm pretty sure, but I don't really care.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All replicas are illegal I'm pretty sure, but I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK your post is unclear to me then; you just want to buy one? they seem realistic, but the guys says Platinum Day/Date then 10 minutes in he describes the metal as 440 Stainless, so they're fakies, but they are high quality fakes they can charge more for so you got that goin for you

18K Submariner described as 440 Stainless and 18K gold that equals gold plated NOT solid, these are videos from the same site OP
MyNewWatches.com
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about the site specifically, but a guy I went to college with paid like $50 for a fake rolex from a dude on the street and it kept perfect time for several years.

I do not know how close it was in terms of quality to what you're talking about, but as far as timekeeping ability, fakes can be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried about having it tell perfect time as much as I'm concerned about the quality of the watch in general. I know there are replicas sold online in the $100-200 area that aren't very good. The look and feel of the watch is extremely important to me. I'd be willing to spend $4-5k to get an authentic rolex, but if this site is legit I'd much rather spend < $1k for obvious reasons. It is probably unethical etc, but like I said, doesn't really matter to me tbh.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 AM

There are certainly different quality fakes and I believe that when it comes to shopping for fakes you pay for what you get alot of the time, this has been my experience in China ofcourse you still have to cut through the [censored] a little.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM

In Iraq you can get rolex, movado, and any other high priced watch (I assume replicas) for like 30 bucks and it's hard to tell the difference.

Except for the brietlings and movados the britelings have a little different face to them and the crystals in the movado's fall out after a few weeks. If you really want one and you have a soldier friend in Iraq have them pick you one up for 30 bucks you can't go wrong.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried about having it tell perfect time as much as I'm concerned about the quality of the watch in general. I know there are replicas sold online in the $100-200 area that aren't very good. The look and feel of the watch is extremely important to me. I'd be willing to spend $4-5k to get an authentic rolex, but if this site is legit I'd much rather spend < $1k for obvious reasons. It is probably unethical etc, but like I said, doesn't really matter to me tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

The general quality of a watch is mostly related with it's ability to tell time correctly as this is the purpose of a watch.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 AM

ive never bought a fake one in asia, and none of them ever looked too great to me. designer purses on the other hand often look exactly the same as the real thing imho.