Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 06:58 AM

Default QQ w/AK overs

So I'm in a steal position + I've posted so SB or BB could think I'm FOS here. However, there are two overs and SB felt compelled to call my flop raise which always seems to be strong TP hands played timidly + I guess Ax and Kx are well within his range.

On the flip side this donk seems so out of place. How does everyone play this flop against an unknown at 1/2?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero ...
Old 05-19-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: QQ w/AK overs

I call down.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:09 AM

Fret,

You call down cause of the donk or would you call down a c/r?
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 AM

Because of the donk. Maybe it's because of my recent 6max-ing, but there, ppl donk everything into pfr'ers. There, this could just as well be 58o as A2o as TT.

I'd assume he has a weak A or K relatively often, but I'm willing to find out.

If he c/r me, I'd probably fold.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 AM

I'm folding.

Calling down isn't worth it...you're getting like 2:1 (11:5 for a bet on every street). You also have very few outs.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 AM

I fold.

bad players cold call in the SB and bad players can definitely donk here with an A or K rather that CR.

I'd want to see that an unknown is capable of betting something that you beat in this sort of spot before I call down with this hand. SB is unknown so you dont know if this guy is knows that you know that you can raise light because you posted...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 AM

I fold this usually. especially since SB donked and not BB.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM

I fold. The odds are quite good that one or both opponents have an A or K. Unless you've seen them defend their blinds with garbage, and they've seen you steal with any two cards, I think you need to let this one go. If it was only one opponent I might be compelled to call down though, since I do see a lot of people donk flops like that with air .
Old 05-19-2007, 11:12 AM

this is a rainbow board. The best we are hoping for a is a dumb donk with a lower pair or a gutshot.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:28 PM

This is one of those fun hands where if you call down he's got a weak ace or king, if you raise or fold he's got one of the rest of his admittedly gigantic range. It's no-win for you, a good play by your opponent.

I'm going to split the baby, and waste a bet here. Fold if he bets the turn. Most unknowns I've seen don't have the stones to fire twice with junk, and wouldn't even fire again with Kx here. If he checks to you on the turn check behind and call one on the river. This is a hand where raising preflop is all you can do to try to win it, now you're playing defense.