Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

me u and swong were gonna be a rotation right? then I think you started running reviews instead and swong had the first month and nothing materialized and I forgot about it after that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think a couple times swong started threads asking people to submit suggestions for it but got literally like zero PMs or replies to his thread.

I created a thread at one point trying to start a means to compile threads for the digest (cuz that was basically the issue, none of us 3 wanted to have to decide what would go in it or take the flack/criticism associated with that or just didnt feel like we were adept at deciding).

The thread I tried was like " list your 5 favorite posts/ threads of the last month" which I thought was a good idea but... I listed a handful of my favorites to kick it off and didn't get much response if I remember correctly, maybe like one reply. So again the whole digest idea kinda deflated unfortunately...
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM

ok guys do me a favor...

theres a thread in theory thats basically the most broad question ever even by my standards "when do you raise or call in limit hold em?" lol i know rite

I wrote out two long replies basically going over the concepts of pot odds for calling, implied odds and then pot equity edges for raising but outlined some caveats of the latter. Such as raising for fold equity when u dont have an edge and that concept, not raising when you may have a pot equity edge but not knocking people out or preserving implied odds may be better. And then times when even though you may be ahead of someones range it may not be correct to raise ie vs a blind 3bettor when u flop TP or vs a donker since u ll lose air hands, and spots on the turn/river where you'd be laying odds to better hands so you need to be ahead of his range by atleast 2/3.

I dont recommend taking the time reading mine as you all probably know all that stuff, but will some of you write your own responses, I want to see how you'd say it and then read AB's response. I didnt think his advice was very good for limit (not to call him out at all) and didn't agree with most if not everything he outlined.

I just thought what he said wasn't helpful/ accurate at all and would actually get most newbies in lots of trouble, despite the fact most of the other replies Ive seen him write in other forums seemed solid (unless I'm misremembering?).

what you guys think?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:36 PM

jstill,
Do you think this forum has too many rules?

Why do you think that people are so quick to point out how bad the taste of Budweiser is and how good their favorite beer tastes?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jstill,
Do you think this forum has too many rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

mehhh i dont know if it has too many rules... id say not. Most seem to be in place for a good reason (the racist/ or scammer stuff is the only reason people seem to get banned). I just think the regulars in the forum are maybe not as forgiving at they should be to the newbs who do stupid noob things or who make stupid noob questions or replies. Although you do learn much more quickly when people are harsh for sure.

sometimes I also think newb posters get too offended or bothered by what people say. Esp since its literally impossible to post in BBV OOT or BBV4LIFE and not get one negative or insulting response. Also getting a star or reprimanded, u cant take it personally, its just the internet not serious business. I got a star and it bothered me mostly becuz NT called me out for sucking at posting in multiple forums and at the time ( i only had like 800 posts) I thought he meant strategy as well and I was self conscious about whether my replies were any good or just long winded non-sense (which they mostly are). That wasnt what he was referring to however as hes not a limit player and doesnt read those forums.

Ive also had a few threads locked (one where I tried to get homework answers to my multi-dimensional calc project I waited til the last night to start cuz I didnt know we werent supposed to), I think Gild understood it was an honest mistake ( I wish 2p2 facilitated cheating however [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) as wookie did with me starting a well without permission. Him changing my format to wild which is an atrocious purple and hot pink was actually pretty funny.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jstill,

Why do you think that people are so quick to point out how bad the taste of Budweiser is and how good their favorite beer tastes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its partly culture partly ego I think.

Europeans obviously dislike most of our domestics and light beer, saving things like Sam Adams Brooklyn ect. Thats fine thats how they were brought up and what they're used to. I personally couldn't drink beer at room temperature like they do (even though it accentuates the flavor more supposedly).

fwiw I think bud is crisp, not filling and refreshing (and 5% alcohol). I think bud light is gross though but its not like if someone says grab a beer out of the fridge Im gonna look see bud light and walk to the store (though the other day twice I looked in the fridge and saw individual beers and a case, reached for the solo beers realized they were bud light and reached into the case for miller light instead). My short term memory impairment made it so it wasnt until the third time I reached directly for the case of Miller.

As for the Ego thing, I think it relates to I believe it was Freuds Ego Fallacy complex. Anytime anyone doesn't think exactly what you believe about something you assume they're wrong or an idiot (probably not exactly how he stated it). Its pretty common and something we all suffer from at times to some degree so its forgivable.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys do me a favor...theres a thread in theory...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I accepted your challenge/request and posted a response.

Its not as detailed as your responses and obviously is incomplete, but please let me know what you think of it.

By the way, I am English and my favourite lager is Budweiser.

When I was holidaying in Vegas a few years ago, I successfully managed to spill a bottle over the roulette table, while performing my scattergun betting approach of trying to cover as much of the table with bets as I could before the croupier spun the wheel.

I also like "rusty nails", which followed the Buds, as I spent most of my last night at the Craps table.

I had not started playing poker then, but would love to play some Poker in Vegas now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SO you went to school w/ Kyro? Can't you find a girl for his sorry azz? haha Kyro rejected me from facebook and I was in his homeroom for 3 years.. then accepted me after I called him out in BBV lol.

I dont know if I was a jerk to him in high school I dont really thikn so but I can come across that way joking aroudn Im sure esp back when I was kind of a teenage prick. I'm guessing if he came out in Portsmouth ever I could introduce him to plenty of females... Im kind of a local celebrity who knows everyone and ladies man hahaa jk... Ive never seen him out in any of the bar scene towns around where we live Durham, Dover or Portsmouth. Actually a few acquaintances of mine have recently been like "u are such a pimp u know every chick and theyre always all about u"... its not exactly true though, but I do fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i definitely got punked, there. I never disliked josh, but we just weren't good buddies or anything and I generally don't accept people on facebook unless they're a hot chick that I have a >0% chance of scoring with or I've been friendly with them in the past 5 years.

Anyways, Josh, I'm going to Paddy's Wednesday night to play some Guitar Hero. So if you show up, I'll buy you a beer to make up for the snub that must have buried an arrow right to the depths of your soul. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]