Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

favorite beer... I drink alot of BUD, though I prefer miller lite to bud light... favorite tho I might go ying ling (wrong spelling we dont get it up here often cuz its from pennsylvania) and stella Id say... though coronas a great summer beer with a lime.

hard alcohol Ive had so many different stages though Vodkas held true for awhile. Ive gone through phases of drinking soco, tequilla, and jager far too often that I havent been able to drink them for a long time. I can now drink them all again though jager if it catchs me at the wrong time or is warm makes me want to boot...
Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi!

Ty for doing this!

1) Suppose U raise 66 from MP and only BB calls. BB donks the flop. What goes through ur mind?

2) Do u play any other forms of poker besides hold'em? Which one do u recomend to start with?

Ooops gotto run to my bus now, was shorter than I meant, but I come back later. See ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) mostly u think about his donking range uve seen before and try to make an assumption about his donking range now (on this board potentially) and our equity against it. Many times though we dont have enough information vs an unknown to make a great decision so we have to think about what the pool of unknown players is likely to donk there and our equity on that board vs that range.

This is an interesting spot though and as has come up before playing against unknowns is actually a bit of an under-explored game theory issue (even though so many posts are vs unknowns since if we know the player well we often know what is right).

An interesting fact related to unknowns and conditional probablity goes like this... when the unknown donks into u its far more likely hes the type of aggressive player who donks a wide range than a player with a tight donking range (though all villains are very different in their specific postflop tendencies, sure wed love to know this guys exactly but we often dont esp if we ve never seen them before). Kinda the same idea as a couple players limp and an unknown raises hes more likely to be an aggro player with a wider raising range immediately since he raised.

I think playing unknowns like they are tight competant regulars until uve seen otherwise is definitely an error, however at first if a decision is very close I ll err on the side of caution perhaps (esp in NL) until they give me a reason not to.

not sure if that was helpful, really on many boards with 2 overs I ll just concede the pot when the BB donks out unless I have some reason not to... not sure what is correct exactly.

I play omaha also I like razz cuz having people board locked is sick but havent played it much. I suck at 7 card stud. When I go to the local cardroom all these old guys play Omaha 8 or better and think its like the distinguished game and its what all the respectable regulars play lolol... so sometimes I like to go over there and crush them cuz they play like every hand and chase non nut lows with no high draw.

I recommend most people start playing limit (probably cuz thats what I did) as losing pots will bother u a bit less (and learning to control tilt is huge) and just learning preflop and pot odds and pot equity edges gives u a huge edge over live competition. Plus the skills for the math and hand reading are huge for NL.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is Ricky Santos going to do in his senior year? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Doc

P.S. Right now I have football on my brain more than poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be good hes been good each year of his career so far...

its weird that UNH is actually good in their division now before we only had hockey, when I was an undergrad they were terrible til like my senior year. Definitely makes homecoming in the fall more fun that the teams decent tho for sure.. I tailgated several games the last 2 years since graduating (I have a lot of friends who were still in school at that point) still do, always a good time.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 PM

jstill,

are you actually a high school-aged female? if not, please explain your apparent terror of the words "you", "your" and "you're".

[ QUOTE ]

favorite beer... I drink alot of BUD, though I prefer miller lite to bud light...

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think wookie is going to lock this thread, ban you or otherwise punish you?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM

sometimes i remember to write out you completely sometimes I dont... some people have an aesthetic problem with it I guess, I think its just as effective in communicaton?

did you quote what beer I like and then ask if wookie is going to lock, ban or punish me becuz he doesnt like one of the beers I chose?

I think if he was going to do that he probably would have already, and he inserted the level picture so.... I cant speak as to the other mods in this forum, but again I apologize...

edit: to write out you completely in the second paragraph instead of u lol
Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i remember to write out you completely sometimes I dont... some people have an aesthetic problem with it I guess, I think its just as effective in communicaton?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sort of a written word nit (which may seem ironic given that i rarely capitalize), but personally i find use of the words "u" and "ur" and "ure" to be irritating as they interrupt the flow of my reading.

i agree that, in some sense, they are "just as effective in communication" in that i know what you mean when you type "u".

regardless, use of the bastardization "u" kept me from enjoying Prince's music for a long time, and it has a similar distancing effect for people who post on the internet.

[ QUOTE ]

did you quote what beer I like and then ask if wookie is going to lock, ban or punish me becuz he doesnt like one of the beers I chose?

I think if he was going to do that he probably would have already, and he inserted the level picture so.... I cant speak as to the other mods in this forum, but again I apologize...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it was a joke (see cuz you did something and then wookie said that and then you did something else and i just repeated what wookie said). if you didn't find it funny (or even comprehensible), then i should be the one who is apologizing. to u.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:31 PM

"favorite beer... I drink alot of BUD, though I prefer miller lite to bud light... favorite tho I might go ying ling (wrong spelling we dont get it up here often cuz its from pennsylvania) and stella Id say... though coronas a great summer beer with a lime.
"

Oh man...ever tried Goose Island, Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn etc? So many nice quality beers in the US and you guys drink Bud?! Try a good IPA, it'll change your life as you know it.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM

FWIW Yuengling (America's Oldest Brewery)
Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jstill,

are you actually a high school-aged female? if not, please explain your apparent terror of the words "you", "your" and "you're".

[ QUOTE ]

favorite beer... I drink alot of BUD, though I prefer miller lite to bud light...

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think wookie is going to lock this thread, ban you or otherwise punish you?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to this and my original banning question is yes. I won't ban him, but I did change his skin to "wild." If he doesn't figure out how to change it back, well, he'd better start liking the look of hot pink.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM

haha i was wondering how that happened lol thankfully I knew what to do... u mods have too much power :P lol jk still curious who gave me an undertitle back, kinda nice rather than just a blank space that made me feel like some sort of ostricisized untouchable

to tyler, no worries Im not the type to get ryled up generally over online banter... I understand peoples problems with my writing (ur far from the first) but since I post so much I just dont proof read as much as I should perhaps and definitely suffer from tangential run on sentences in my forum posting. And if it does interrupt your reading than obviously writing in the short hand "u" isnt quite as good in communicating.

not sure what your talking about in princes music tho tbh

to ulkis I like brooklyn and sierra actually but generally if I'm going to be drinking for a long period of time I get the less expensive less filling beer, altho there is the caveat that the heavier beers have more alcohol so u can drink less of them.

i guess I just think I get more drunk drinking watered down domestics generally and theyre typically the beers on special so thats how I roll.

back to the booze thing though I love jello shots, booze melons, rbvs and funneling. I once funneled a 40 with hot sauce in it (gross) and can easily funnel 3 beers at once... I once did over 5 but then puked immediately after, really hurts ur stomach getting it that full that quickly... I can do kegstands for approaching a minute, though I know a tiny 90 pound girl who can go over 90 seconds... crazy

if uve never had death punch/ jungle juice or skippys/yank me crank mes or whatever ur colloquialism is I think ur missing out.

Jungle juice a barrel u fill with a few 5ths of grain, like 10 handles of vodka then just water and kool aid fruit punch mix... u can add champagne soco or whatever u want really

skippys, 30 rack of ice beer handle of vodka, lemonade mix and thats it.. the first cup or two usually is kinda gross but it wont matter long [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] haha