Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Default lol kyro has a.....tumor?

I debated whether or not I was going to put this out here, but I have absolutely no reason to I guess. POG has been an absolutely huge part of my life. Its inclusion into the 2+2 forums came at one of the darkest times of my life. I was a college dropout, I was losing the love of my life, my relationship with my parents was strained, and I was rarely happy. POG was my escape, and it still is to a certain extent. Things have been far better now, but I’ve become friends with some great people through this forum, that I never would have if it wasn’t created. You guys are pretty much a second family to me, and despite my overaggressive ways at times, I care about the lot of you, and so I feel you have a right to know this.

For the past month, I’ve had occasional blood in my urine. This was always accompanied by extreme (and I mean extreme. Think sitting in a car having drank a 64oz soda and having 5 miles to the next rest stop. Now multiply that by 500.) pain in my abdominal area. This would occur every 10 minutes for an hour and a half one weekend. It eventually went away, and then it would come back the next weekend out of nowhere.

For the past month I’ve assumed I’ve had kidney stones that were just being stubborn and didn’t want to pass. Eventually I got referred to a urologist. I went to the urologist yesterday and gave them a urine sample. The initial test they did said it looked clean and they would run some further tests. (Also, apparently I passed the prostate exam with flying colors. Who the hell grows up saying “I wanna check guys’ prostates!”)

However, I just received a call from my urologist. Apparently a second test run on my urine showed small signs of a protein that is often linked to tumors. It’s 90% accurate.

I have to go back tomorrow to give them another sample, for which they will run further tests to figure out what’s going on.

I have no idea what’s happening, to be honest. All I know is, I could have a tumor in the kidneys, and for the next week it’s all that’s going to be on my mind without really having any clue.

Frankly, I’m petrified. I promise to keep you all updated much like the ‘lol kyro has a date thread.’ Like I said, you all are my long-distance family that I probably spend way too much time with, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love you guys.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: lol kyro has a.....tumor?

Jesus. Don't know what to say. Sounds bad, but I hope it's nothing.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:51 AM

gl [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM

Kyro, our thoughts are with you man! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

Good luck man. Even if it is a tumor, most of those are normally benign, right?

we banter all the time but i consider you my friend, and i feel terrible for you. this sucks.

i hope it works out for you man.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM

somehow this wasn't as entertaining as the date thread. Just dont headbutt the doctor in the nose. GL
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM

You are in my thoughts.

Blessings.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
somehow this wasn't as entertaining as the date thread. Just dont headbutt the doctor in the nose. GL

[/ QUOTE ]

If he puts his fingers there again, I just might.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 AM

You gotta whole bunch of people here who are sending positive thoughts your way. You are young, so the odds of everything being fine are WAY in your favor! We'll be thinking of you though.