Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone in the know make a list of the lies that have been told by AP during their attempt to coverup?

At this point they shouldn't just be answering to the behavior of the players who comprised their system, but their own behavior over the past month.

[/ QUOTE ]

View it from their perspective tho, hell view an analogous situation in BBV. What if all this was started not by a mod, but by some no name scrub with 5 posts? Would you take him seriously? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't, and most of BBV would just make fun of him. (Hell we do it all the time) This is how Absolute viewed our allegations in the beginning imo until its proven otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

ike, once again, exhibit A: chipdumping. how are you missing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually addressed this right away... you missed it. Has anyone been punished for chipdumping at AP? Like ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

ike you'll get your money. absolute wont fold no matter how bad this turns out. no need to do damage control.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone in the know make a list of the lies that have been told by AP during their attempt to coverup?

At this point they shouldn't just be answering to the behavior of the players who comprised their system, but their own behavior over the past month.

[/ QUOTE ]

View it from their perspective tho, hell view an analogous situation in BBV. What if all this was started not by a mod, but by some no name scrub with 5 posts? Would you take him seriously? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't, and most of BBV would just make fun of him. (Hell we do it all the time) This is how Absolute viewed our allegations in the beginning imo until its proven otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

ike, once again, exhibit A: chipdumping. how are you missing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually addressed this right away... you missed it. Has anyone been punished for chipdumping at AP? Like ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i didn't miss it. you just said "good point" and asked a question and then right back to posting what you did when i repeated myself in the quoted post. i wasn't saying you missed my post, as obviously you read it and quoted it and replied, i was asking you how you are missing the point of my post?

to spell it out, all a person has to do is look at the initial chipdumping scenario and how absolute responded to realize that this was a coverup from the beginning. yes, absolute is incompetent, but they still know chipdumping & cheating when they see it. especially, considering they have access to more info than we do.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 AM

Honestly guys, theres few people here with a higher level of interest than me with regards to whether their was a coverup or not. All I'm asking, because there is actual consequences with the conclusion for me, is proof. We have some good speculation about it, but far from anything solid
Old 10-19-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw- I think the spin here for damage control against the crowd who will say "see told you it was rigged" or "may as well make it all illegal anyhow now" is that when something like this happens, the playing community cares enough and is resiliant enough to take it head on even if others won't.

This is really an incredible win for the online community- even if it may hurt in the short term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. sorry. Run of the mill punters aren't gonna see it this way. This is the true end of online poker I fear. GG everyone, glad you outed these dicks and hopefully everyone gets paid back...but the PR disaster is gonna be hudge, for every site across the board, and especially for causal players.

Bittersweet hi5s to 2+2.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:48 AM

rothko - Has anyone been punished for chipdumping at AP? Like ever?

its an important question, please don't ignore it. Its a big forum, someone would know somebody.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly guys, theres few people here with a higher level of interest than me with regards to whether their was a coverup or not. All I'm asking, because there is actual consequences with the conclusion for me, is proof. We have some good speculation about it, but far from anything solid

[/ QUOTE ]

hey ikestoys, remember when ap said 80458920789204750243750294759084 times that no superuser acct even existed????

A comment from Digg...

"Nothing can beat a determined group of critical thinkers"

Thanks to all.

Noah- absolutely. (wow it never gets old even when unintended).

It could certainly by any combination/form of it.

Wow, every time I leave for an hour of 4...

Nat, Adanthar, Josem, etc. Great work. Wish I could have been more help... internet sleuthing is fun.

It makes me feel a lot better about trusting my money to poker sites knowing that at least people can't get away with blatent cheating. It is also nice to see an internet community actually yield some power over a multi-million dollar company.

/edit I've always been amazed by the detective force this forum/community can yield... its awesome to see it used for something worthwhile...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] are you doing man? Your responses are downright bizarre for someone who said he got screwed by Absolute.

Read the entry dated 10/12 from Absolute, before the hand history file became available. This is a pure cover up - there are blatant lies in this statement that are unforgivable. They had FULL ACCESS to the tournment histories that people were complaining about, and they stated that they found nothing suspicious, when we KNOW that the hand histories in questions are a smoking gun. You do realize that nothing would have happened if the file had not been found?

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

[ QUOTE ]
Official Absolute Poker Response To Player Fraud Allegations

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We combed through all hands involving the accounts that were mentioned in the online forums. Please note that only a select number of hands were featured in the threads. Our ongoing investigation continues to show that there were countless instances where a somewhat unorthodox poker strategy resulted in a loss. Allegations that the player accounts at issue “always guessed right” are unfounded.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a flat out lie, or incredible negligence.

[ QUOTE ]
A ‘super-user’ account does not exist in our software. Absolute Poker was created by poker players who value security and fair play. The back-end of the Absolute Poker software prevents the possibility of any such feature. Our game client only receives data regarding an individual’s hand and no other player hole cards are ever visible – by anyone – except in the event of a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread