Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Turn Decision

15/30 Canterbury
Loose game, bad players. The usual.
2 limpers to me on the button, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] blinds call. Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. They all check call me. turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] they all check to me, can i check this turn? what are the pros and cons and whats right?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Turn Decision

Clean up your post and you will get some responses. Did you bet the flop? How many callers did you get?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

You should bet.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:53 PM

He bet the flop from the button. All 4 players (the blinds and two other limpers) called him. On the turn, there are 7.5 big bets in the pot, and all 4 of them check to him again.

I don't play this high (but I plan to soon), and FWIW I think you've got to bet this turn.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clean up your post and you will get some responses. Did you bet the flop? How many callers did you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
They all check call me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The post isn't the best grammar-wise, but I'm pretty sure in order to check call him, he had to bet the flop. And by "they all" it's implied that no one folded.

As far as the hand is concerned, I'd bet despite the scary turn (protect what hand you have) and check the river unimproved (this is actually very debatable--if I still have 2nd pair top kicker without a one-card straight, there's a very good chance I bet again). If check-raised on the turn, you pretty much know where you stand.

Garland
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Easy bet.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM

i take a free card and check/call or check/bet river
Old 10-03-2007, 05:31 PM

The pros of betting the turn are you can get a K to fold and you charge a Q and/or 8 the full price of admission. Also if your flush hits it may take a few raises before the straight realizes it.

The cons are you are likely behind and may be drawing to your flush only. And if you are check-raised you get to pay two big bets for your draw.

Against 4 opponents, I check behind on the turn and call a single river bet UI assuming nobody else has called. If I improve, I bet the river if checked to and raise depending on how much I improved, who bet, and how many callers...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

need all the information
Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30 Canterbury
Loose game, bad players. The usual.
2 limpers to me on the button, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] blinds call. Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. They all check call me. turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] they all check to me, can i check this turn? what are the pros and cons and whats right?

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

need all the information

[/ QUOTE ]

"Flop ... they all check called me" means there were 4 checks and then he bet the flop and then there were 4 calls.