Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Turn Decision

The general consensus that checking is fine is preposterous to me. Not only are there 4 people in and we have a very well disguised nut draw but we also have the best hand often as well and our draw counterfeits others for increased payoff. The idea of checking behind feels like scared money to me. Someone please enlighten me as to why this has any merit.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 AM

How do you figure we have the best hand here ever? its a JT9 board and we have 3rd pair w/ and a flush draw with 1 card to come and 4 other players in. Please enlighten me as to what betting accomplishes? It stands to reason that one of them has either a hand worth check raising or a hand they are showing down. We are bluffing no one, we dont have the best hand, but we do open ourselves up to getting check raised, which while it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world Id rather see the river free than for 2bbs.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:20 AM

2nd pair top kicker + nut flush draw + we have the best hand some of the time + lots of people are drawing and will call a bet + other things too = bet imo

and no a check isn't horrible imo but i think a bet is definitely a little better at least and maybe ultimately somewhat better
Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 AM

Wow I am a huge retard. I thought we had A9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
and the T came on turn. I skimmed the post and for some reason thought A9 then read a response that said 2nd pair and was like wtf? Then BBB said 2nd pair so I went back, lol. Sorry guys I will reread next time.

Edit to add-This is def a bet.