Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 AM

Default foxwoods 20/40, flop spot

hi guys, i was back at it the other night with nina [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (sorry ben) and i'm interested in your feedback on this hand. table was playing pretty limpy with no one standing out as crazy aggro or whatever. i didn't recognize anyone as a regular. my image is pretty tag/cold-decked for the last few hours having taken some gross beats.

3 limpers, then one kinda aggro guy raises, 1 coldcall, i coldcall 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 limpers call.

6 to the flop of k[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checked to the raiser who bets, 1 fold, and it's on me, and i what and why?

thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: foxwoods 20/40, flop spot

preflop ewwww, but whatever no need to make the thread about that. Well postflop it's either raise or call and because of both, the dynamic of the foxwoods game in general (if you raise a KQ-TT won't 3-bet you) and that you would like to squeeze some middling hands with outs against out of the pot I think raising is probably the right thing to do. That being said I don't hate calling either, just don't fold.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 AM

I would definitely raise here. The board is fairly dry and since pfr is aggro I think that you either have the best hand often enough or you fold a better 9 out enough to want to get head up with pfr.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 AM

Raise. You aren't ahead all that often with this many people in the pot, but enough given this size of this pot. Any 6-outer that you fold is a victory and there are a ton of them out there. I assume villain is barreling 90% of his range on a board this dry and you are only getting 3-bet by a small portion of his range(AA/AK/KK/99/KQ), which isn't even a bad thing because you can safely fold the turn UI. You may even get a nit to fold TT-QQ behind you.

One of things you should be most prepared for is who and how many people are coldcalling your 2 bets after you. Depending on this and the turn card, you may not want to fire the turn UI.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop ewwww.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see the 3 limper? Hero is 6th person in.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop ewwww.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see the 3 limper? Hero is 6th person in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw. Not that I don't do [censored] like this all the time, just saying it's probably not the right play there.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM

I raise here. You may fold an A9, but more importantly, if you get more than one caller, you have a good chance of getting to see the river without any more bets going in.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 AM

"UPSTAIRS!"
You want to KO T8 and 85 so that when you make your 2 pair, they don't kill with with their straights. Also, you could make 2 pair on the turn, and give anyone with an 8 a monster redraw.

Also, if an 8 rolls off on the turn to give you an OESD, you want to be drawing to THE WHOLE POT, not half, so knocking out A7 would be nice also.

You may also get a freecard, and your equity in this pot is semi-decent (2 BACKDOOR DRAWS+2PAIR/TRIPS DRAW), so a raise isn't way too expensive anyway.

POT IS BIG - LET US GOGOGO
Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 AM

if he gets three bet should he release immediately or see turn? Im sure odds dictate calling one more bet. If turn is not a 9 or 7 does he release to another bet?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if he gets three bet should he release immediately or see turn? Im sure odds dictate calling one more bet. If turn is not a 9 or 7 does he release to another bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're seeing the river unless the six or the king pairs on the turn or something else really bad happens.