Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Default 2/4 B&M - I flop nut flush. I hate money.

2/4 B&M

MP2 is decent fairly tight old guy. He's either flopped a flush as well or at worst a set or two pair.

SB is tight and passive, not a horrible player. Will probably fold to any bet on this flop unless set / two pair; might call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

BB is horrible. Plays most hands, would probably coldcall 2 on this flop with any piece. Usually pays off on the river with any pair.

UTG is only slightly better than BB.

Preflop (10 players): Hero is CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to MP2 who bets, Hero...

I hate money, so I played this hand the worst possible way you could play. But if I were to like money, what's the plan?

Also, what's the plan if I smooth called the flop, 4 of us went to the turn and MP2 led the turn again on a blank?

GcluelessnoobG
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: 2/4 B&M - I flop nut flush. I hate money.

just mash the raise button on the joystick
Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM

calling and raising both seem okay given our position. i would tend to raise it however as my m.o. is just not to slowplay really.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:18 PM

raising the flop does a nice job of disguising your hand. Remember, everyone at this limit slow plays your hand in this spot and would expect you to do the same. A lot of Hearts and pairs will call the 2sb cold on the flop.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Raise until the board pairs twice.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm assuming the button folded. In the CO we're acting last so I'd probably just call the flop and keep everyone in the hand, planning on raising the turn after everyone puts in their big bets. I certainly see raising the flop as well, but that will probably chill your action a bit... although you've described a table chock full 'o morons.

I actually think that raising the flop turns your hand face up rather than disguises it. With 6 players in a smooth call absolutely does NOT tip your hand. I think in live play a flush flop generally chills action.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, everyone at this limit slow plays your hand in this spot and would expect you to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly what I did; what a noob! So terrible BB and UTG call, a blank falls on the turn and MP2 leads again. So now I'm in the same situation in that a raise might blow away the field. I shoulda just raised the flop where terrible players are more apt to coldcall and perhaps even been lucky enough to cap it.

GtheamountofbetsImissedinthispotissickG
Old 10-01-2007, 02:08 PM

The problem you ran into on this hand is that MP2 is the only one who likes his hand, and he's on your right. This is a bad situation for you and obviously makes the hand a lot more difficult to play. By smooth calling the flop, you pretty much assured that 1 of two things happened on the turn:

1. MP2 bets again. Your raise will face the field with 2 big bets cold.
2. It's checked to you and you bet.

Obviously it's better for you if the SB liked his hand, but you can't always get what you want. Don't beat yourself up about it too much here.

When in doubt against 4 idiots, I tend to just go nuts on the flop. If they make "good" (and by good I mean "ridiculously obvious") folds, good for them.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM

My understanding of the OP is that hero acts last. So the idiots playing after MP2 aren't calling two cold, they're putting in another $4 each after we raise. Unless I read the OP wrong.

If you raise the flop the idiots may or may not call, but MP2 is going into call down mode on the turn. once the fish have taken the bait by calling MP2's turn bet you have 'em for another big bet each.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 PM

I assume you smooth called.

I go ahead and raise here, because I raise alot, and I might raise the naked king of hearts here.

The other reason to raise here, is that there are a lot of cards on the turn, that are going to kill your action. If the board pairs, especially an ace, you aren't going to get a lot more action even if you are ahead, and if another heart comes, you will get even less action, except maybe from the queen of hearts.