Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 AM

Default River Schmiver

4/8 live hands.

Hand #1- Villain is MP. Plays nearly every hand, never raises PF just limps in or CCs any raise.

5 limpers to Hero on BTn with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises, blinds both fold, rest of limpers call. 6 ways.

(11 Sbs) Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] All check to Hero who bets, folded MP who calls, HJ calls, rest fold. 3 ways.

(7 BBs) Turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to hero who bets, both call

(10 BBs) River comes the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP now wakes up & Bets, HJ Folds, Hero?
-----------------

Hand #2 Different table. Villain is (UTG)Older man who is very passive. He always limps in and limped QQ on a hand. Never raises anything PF.

UTG limps in, Hero is UTG+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Raises, folded to CO who calls, BTn(Weak woman) calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls. 6 ways

(11 SBs) Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, BTn calls, BB folds, UTG calls. 3 ways

(7 BBs) Turn comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG checks, Hero bets, BTn folds, UTG calls. HU

(9 BBs) River comes the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG checks. Hero bets, UTG now loudly announces "raise", Hero?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: River Schmiver

1) raise, call a 3bet

2) call and probably muck
Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 AM

1) easy raise

2) 11 BB pot, have to call
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Hand 1 is a very clear river raise.

As hard as it is to give the villain a hand in Hand 2, it's even harder to put him on a hand that we beat. This is a live low-limit game, and the villain stands out as passive even among that group.

If villain will misread his hand 1 out of 11 times, then I guess we have a call, but I really think there's no way we're winning this one.

-McGee
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM

i turbo muck riv in hand 2. tell him that his 8's are good.

dont call big street CRs from passive old men. dont think about "11:1 that he's bluffing the river". rather, you should think, "is there a 10% chance he would C/C the flop, turn, and CR the river with hand we beat?" i doubt it.

obv raise riv in hand 1.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM

Hand #1- I did raise the river, he now 3 bets me fairly fast
Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1- I did raise the river, he now 3 bets me fairly fast

[/ QUOTE ]

call.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM

I re-raise hand 1. Think of it from the Villian's perspective. What hand would he put YOU on? Sets are hard to read. Odds are that he has put you on a premium pair and he has 2 pair. Small str8 is very unlikely.

2nd hand is "read dependant." You know the kind... the geezer you can count on to have it every time. If he is that guy you know he has it, fold.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM

I did just call and he showed me the str8 with 47o that he made on the turn. I insta-mucked BTW. He checks the turn, I bet out and he just calls??? Whatever, guess he ewa afraid of my possible BDF [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]NOT

Hand #2-I hate to say it but I folded the river. I can count on one hand the times I have used the B/F line but this was one. I really hated to do it in this size pot but when the 1,000 yr old man c/rs us,hmmmmmmmmmmmm? He too showed a cheese str8 with his 69o. Doh!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:19 AM

hand 1 is an easy river raise. I would call the 3 I guess, but I'm close to 4-betting; wouldn't 74 have thrown in a raise on the turn?

hand 2 is a fold for the reason kit gave; when a passive old guy loudly c/r river you are smoked.