Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Playing against a LAG with weak two pair on a paired board

Do you play this hand the same way against a 40/19/1.3 over 54 hands?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Playing against a LAG with weak two pair on a paired board

I just call down hoping he bets air on turn and river.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:17 AM

Flop: Your checkraise on the flop is to make villain fold incorrectly, right? So what has he got when he doesn't fold? Well we are in little trouble here..

If I knew villain would call with anything(overcards) then I would just call the flop and betfold the turn. In that way we actually let him believe that we have the trips by greater chance and we have lowered his potodds on the flop. He actually has to have some kind of hand to call us and maybe he'll fold a better one to our bet.

I just think the flopline with checkraise reveals that we have a marginal hand and if he has the T he could be the one trapping us(of course this is the standardthinking - if you have any history this could be quite different).
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how is that line ever better than c/r'ing the flop and betting the turn? maybe if he has like specifically K3s. This is a pretty standard hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 AM

I like the way you played it. You get a good number of ace high calldowns here and villain never has a ten. Even if he had a PP 88&gt; this time the way you played it is still correct.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how is that line ever better than c/r'ing the flop and betting the turn? maybe if he has like specifically K3s. This is a pretty standard hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he might fold hands that we beat that he would have bet if we don't raise flop.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 AM

I can't really see from his stats that he is agressive. But against a very agressive villian it might be more value in just calling down, letting him bet his worse hands for you.

That being said, I like the way you played it. You have an extremely vulnerable hand that requires the c/r bet line IMO.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't really see from his stats that he is agressive. But against a very agressive villian it might be more value in just calling down, letting him bet his worse hands for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I'm gonna say it, but if you c/.r and bet the turn you will be laying the guy 6:1.

You therefore are almost indifferent to him folding unless he has an undercard to your pair.

There are only a few hands he can have with a 3 or 4 and most of them will call down anyhow.

If the guy is *very* aggressive you should still usually raise but now its to get him to hopefully spew another raise with UI overcards. but thats a topic for another thread.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

nh sir, you see Ax 90% of the time on this river, 9% of the time you'll see 88-99, the other 1% JJ-AA. against this villian i think he's 3-betting any PP on the flop though
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I'm gonna say it, but if you c/.r and bet the turn you will be laying the guy 6:1.

You therefore are almost indifferent to him folding unless he has an undercard to your pair.

There are only a few hands he can have with a 3 or 4 and most of them will call down anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he call down a 3? Is this an argument for c/r? Maybe it's just because my english isn't good enough but I don't understand what you are talking about.