Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

I haven't talked to very many players that are long run winners at the 3/6 games on AP. I used to be, sigh, before I quit my job. Of course now that I'm a 'pro' I can't seem to beat the tables. Oh well, I put in a million hands so I still make more money monthly than I did as a pharmaceutical chemist. Pretty sick when you think about it.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM

I'm more of a glass-is-half-full kind of guy. Sounds pretty freaking awesome to me. I'm one of those wierd people who love poker even while losing. I just love the game and studying.

I envy you grouches who get to play full time even if its 3-6. I make more playing 25 hours a week as a break-even calling station playing 3-6, than I do working 60 hours a week at my 9-5. Just wait until Dec-Feb until I have a bank roll and some monies in the bank. Then life will be all rainbows and jelly beans.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM

You think it will be all rainbows and jelly beans, but just wait until you live the life. Not that I'm complaining, I love my life right now. But remember, the grass is always greener...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Meh, cant be worse than my job now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I already have to rely on poker for 40% of my monthly income, having the balls make that final step is all thats left.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:21 PM

It's not about having balls to take the final step (I should know, I don't have, nor want, balls). It's all about having enough money saved up in your bank account to be able to pay bills for several months in case you run bad. I have a 4 month cushion along with my BR. I really wish I had 6, but I'm working up to it. BTW, what is your monthly 'nut', if you don't mind me asking. Mine is $3k.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM

I could live on $2500 a month with out a much problem. Mind you, I'm not even concidering quitting my job right now. But even though I'm still very much a newb at this whole pokerz thing $2500 a month is pretty easy even while I'm still figuring out what the hell I'm doing. I think if I was playing as much as I work i'd make that in just Rb and boni. My biggest problem is I dont have a lot of time to play and every month I have to pull out $1200 from my bankroll so I can pay bills. Makes building a bankroll tough when you're continueally canabalizing it. Really looking forward to FPP cash in next month
Old 09-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Make sure you're smart like me, and quit your job with no bankroll, savings, etc.

Then you can stress out every single day.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Sorry, I'm not that smart [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm going to continue working this soul crushing job until I have a 1000BB bankroll and 4-6 months in the bank. Looke like Jan or Feb at this rate.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:41 PM

See, that's smart. I'm in such a stupid situation with this right now.

I mean, all I had was an $8/hr job that made me want to kill myself, and I was in school last year, so I quit my job in January, since I make more at poker, and wanted to focus more on school.

I also had 1/4 the expenses I have now. But the issue is that I couldn't find anything more than a min-wage type job until I figure out wtf I really want to do with my life, so poker is my best option right now.

For me, going to get a job wouldn't make things easier. I'd be making LESS money. So basically, I have to deal with the swings, and the stress, etc, until I can build something up. If I go through $3000 downswings at 3/6 and 5/10 every other month, I won't get there very fast, lol, if ever.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM

So that's why you all moved up. Pros. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I like maintaining my amateur status and working my 9-5 that's guaranteed income. Why? Cuz I'm a sissy.