Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here are some regulars I encounter

Mills
ABBABBABBABBADABBA
SYOUS
ANECHKA
MILQUETOAST
FISTHEAD
BMORGAN
KUMARONTILT
BELLABAM
HAXYI
ACECALZONE
TARCARDS
PUCCININY
RAPUNZEL
WHOOPBOOP
WINGO
BOOZER

EDIT: FOrgot StewieGriff he never misses, and he's good

These are some of the regulars not mentioned above that are decent.

Miles, who are you on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Abbadabba is the best player I have played against on AP. Ive never seen him make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually only play as high as 5/T, so not familiar with all the names...

Abba is dry as hell! I agree that he is very good postflop and in IMHO opinion an excellent example that playing tight pre is still profitable with good postflop skills.

Kumarontilt has been owning me. Dunno if he is good or just running well. He certainly seems aggressive!

Bellabam(Siegfriedandroy?) and Mills plays pretty high as far as I know, so they are prolly good. Bella seems to be a lot better than me but I think Mills has a tendency to spew.

Tarcards sucks as I remember... But I am likely wrong.

I have no respect for rapunzel and SYOUS. The first one is too tight and will not adapt a lot to table conditions and the second one makes countless mistakes

BTW I am surprised I am not on that list. I have at least 50k hands in the 5/T games the last 3months. But I guess it means I suck... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right oink, I don't adapt to bad tables, I just leave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If I have to adapt, it means players are playing too aggressive, which means I just leave and find more loose/play worse than I do fish.

syous does make mistakes, but GD, he just always has it vs. me

what is your Sn oink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait! You are rapunzel? I thought you were US citizen and personal friend of ILP..?

The rapunzel I am thinking about is german and something like 22/17 preflop.

I am at work and could be mixing up sn's here. If you are indeed him I am very surprised as you post way better than me. I could of course have a completely wrong impression of rapunzel/you as I def tend to jump to conclusions when I observe other peoples play.

sn = pushpica. I play European times mostly. ET plus 6 ours.

BTW. I remember ACECALZONE and HAXIY as being good as well, but havent played a lot. Stewiegriff has owned me on more than one ocassion but I havent been playing that much with him either.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sometimes hands are so pretty!!!!

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14BB
Hero Shows 7d 6d (sevens full of sixes)
Dude mucks AJ (two pair aces and jacks)

Pot of cheddar ships to Hero.

ok so i missed a river bet i guess [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $1.5</font>, SB calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13.25BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 11.75BB, Sidepot 1: 1.5BB)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: 13.25BB
SB Shows Ac 9h
Hero Shows 10c 6c
All-in guy had AK

44/26 is fun!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM

I can't believe how many of you play on AP. I'm assuming if I've been unable to get rakeback there, it's not worth playing there, correct?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe how many of you play on AP. I'm assuming if I've been unable to get rakeback there, it's not worth playing there, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

rb is a big part of it for me at least. Games are not bad IMO. Not worse than FT or Stars. Just fewer tables. Their new cash for VIP points is pretty sweet. They made a huge upgrade and for elite members in particular its worth a lot!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at any site that gives me rakeback. So I think that answers your question.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at any site that gives me rakeback. So I think that answers your question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get rakeback at every site I play at as well: FTP, WSEX, UB, and PokerStars (I consider the FPP $ bonuses rakeback). I don't play at Absolute, because I don't have an account with RB. I was just curious if I was missing out on some juicy action at Absolute since it seems everyone is a regular there.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Not sure everyone is a regular, just another site they play on when the games are good. I would not play on ABS w/o rb.
The rb/bonus used to better than it is now before it went to contributed method and 75 pts per $10. There are only a few big sites available to US players so you know Abs will have some 2+2ers on it. I don't think your missing out on something major. Some people like to have a better wr and prefer Stars and FT, while Abs you make more on pts,rb,bonus.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM

It's true there are a lot of 2+2 regulars on AP, but there are also a lot of really bad regulars too. It's pretty easy to find a good game there. But no, I would not play there w/o RB.

EDIT: Also, it is tough to keep up a high WR at AP 5/10 and below, but the bonus/rb/arp system makes up for it. I don't really care what my BB/100 is, only my overall take home at the end of the day/month/year.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here are some regulars I encounter

Mills
ABBABBABBABBADABBA
SYOUS
ANECHKA
MILQUETOAST
FISTHEAD
BMORGAN
KUMARONTILT
BELLABAM
HAXYI
ACECALZONE
TARCARDS
PUCCININY
RAPUNZEL
WHOOPBOOP
WINGO
BOOZER

EDIT: FOrgot StewieGriff he never misses, and he's good

These are some of the regulars not mentioned above that are decent.

Miles, who are you on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Abbadabba is the best player I have played against on AP. Ive never seen him make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually only play as high as 5/T, so not familiar with all the names...

Abba is dry as hell! I agree that he is very good postflop and in IMHO opinion an excellent example that playing tight pre is still profitable with good postflop skills.

Kumarontilt has been owning me. Dunno if he is good or just running well. He certainly seems aggressive!

Bellabam(Siegfriedandroy?) and Mills plays pretty high as far as I know, so they are prolly good. Bella seems to be a lot better than me but I think Mills has a tendency to spew.

Tarcards sucks as I remember... But I am likely wrong.

I have no respect for rapunzel and SYOUS. The first one is too tight and will not adapt a lot to table conditions and the second one makes countless mistakes

BTW I am surprised I am not on that list. I have at least 50k hands in the 5/T games the last 3months. But I guess it means I suck... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right oink, I don't adapt to bad tables, I just leave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If I have to adapt, it means players are playing too aggressive, which means I just leave and find more loose/play worse than I do fish.

syous does make mistakes, but GD, he just always has it vs. me

what is your Sn oink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait! You are rapunzel? I thought you were US citizen and personal friend of ILP..?

The rapunzel I am thinking about is german and something like 22/17 preflop.

I am at work and could be mixing up sn's here. If you are indeed him I am very surprised as you post way better than me. I could of course have a completely wrong impression of rapunzel/you as I def tend to jump to conclusions when I observe other peoples play.

sn = pushpica. I play European times mostly. ET plus 6 ours.

BTW. I remember ACECALZONE and HAXIY as being good as well, but havent played a lot. Stewiegriff has owned me on more than one ocassion but I havent been playing that much with him either.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's me, in the flesh. I know I am tighter than the 30-20-2.5 lagtags that abound, but that style doesn't work for me. over 100K hands at 3-6 and up at AP, I'm in the black, and I'm running at 24/17/2.00

I think some of the difference can be attributed to game selection. Think about this, some 30-20 run of the mill lag tag is on the button with K4o. He is sitting in a horrible game. For example, I opened up this game in the last few days.

seat 1: bellbam 2: unconscious 3. syous 4. some mid fish 40-14 like 5. mills 6. whoop

Now, in this game, if you have K5o in the button, chances are it might get folded to you, then you raise.

In the games I play in, it doesn't get folded to me on the button. two mega fish limp in, and i fold K5o. So without game selection, I'd probably be like 26/18-19

regardless, i know my weaknesses in the AP game, but honestly, with rb/bonuses/poker, I haven't had a losing month all year, so it works for me.

For the regular thread, I forgot Unconsc1ous, and I definitely remember PP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 PM

Besides preflop in hand 2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Both these hands were expertly played every street IMO. Hand one looks like Kobe Bryant taking on one of those Mcdonald's kindergarten kids in that commercial that came out like 4/5 years ago.