Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Default 3 way FD

In the bb with 2 suited. SB and BTN are in the hand.

Flop comes 2 of my suit, one over card and a paired board. SB bets. I call since a raise, if I knock out BTN would no longer be for value.

BTN 2-bets, SB insta-3 bets, I call for same reasons above. BTN makes it 4.

Turn does not improve my hand and the SB bets.

If I know the BTN will only call, this is a clear call. However, this is not always the case in this situation. Many times these two guys will get into a pissing match on the turn. The action from the SB screams "I have a minimum of trips, perhaps a boat." The action from the BTN could mean the same thing, PLUS a FD.

Players are aggressive, but not stupid.

What are your considerations?

If we knew this was getting capped on the turn, is a fold correct?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 3 way FD

this post would be a lot easier to read/respond to if there were actual cards, rather than abstract descriptions.

i'm not folding the turn for 1 bet, especially since people can go nuts on the flop and then get a little more serious on the big bet street.

if the turn comes back to you for 2 cold, you might be able to fold, but it's hard to say because WHAT CARDS ARE ON THE BOARD AND HOW BIG IS THE POT?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM

also, your avatar makes me think of "get a room you two! ehehehehehehe [waving middle fingers around, mocking Jennifer Anniston's 'flair'].
Old 02-27-2007, 03:37 PM

I don't have the actual hand. It was from Stars and I haven't been ambitious enough to translate my HH's yet. Is there a way to have them saved automatically like with Party and FT?

Anyway... It was an unraised pot preflop, as I remember my cards were crap and I got to see the flop.

So it was 3 sb preflop, 4 when the action got to me the first time on the flop, 9 the second time, 13 the third time and 17 the fourth time. All no brainer calls.

On the turn its 10 BB to me. If it gets capped, I am getting 17:4 or 4.25:1 pot odds. It is about even to make my FD. But, sometimes we make our flush and lose.

This is my dilemma. I have lost a lot of money with FD on the turn when the action is bet, raise, 3 bet, cap and I am along for the ride stuck in the middle.

Do you find that these are quite often cases of reverse implied odds?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my dilemma. I have lost a lot of money with FD on the turn when the action is bet, raise, 3 bet, cap and I am along for the ride stuck in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Win one of those and you can miss your next dozen draws.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:47 PM

i'm not folding the turn for 1 bet (getting 10:1!), especially since people can go nuts on the flop and then get a little more serious on the big bet street.

you're thinking a little too far ahead.

this is sort of an RIO situation, but the fact that the pot is so big makes that less important as you aren't worried about extracting *more* value; the value you get from the pot is enough for your draw.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many times these two guys will get into a pissing match on the turn. The action from the SB screams "I have a minimum of trips, perhaps a boat." The action from the BTN could mean the same thing, PLUS a FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're in a pissing match often, they probably have nothing that your flush can't beat.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Win one of those and you can miss your next dozen draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with hitting the draw, is you are putting in, given the action with 3 people, enough money in on the turn to break even. You really hate to hit your draw on the river, while drawing dead and 2 people are throwing money in the pot as fast as they can. Sure, when you win you win a big pot, but it doesn't make up for the times that you are drawing dead.

If there were more people in the pot, then I can see it being profitable, but with exactly 3 people, aren't we in a hurt locker if the action doesn't slow down on the river when we hit?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not folding the turn for 1 bet (getting 10:1!), especially since people can go nuts on the flop and then get a little more serious on the big bet street.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it gets raised and reraised with us sandwiched, do we bail then? We are getting 15:2 and we aren't completing the action.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it gets raised and reraised with us sandwiched, do we bail then? We are getting 15:2 and we aren't completing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the odds are of hitting your flush from the turn to the river?