Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Session Review Hand. You are the jury.

Both villains are loose passive. Anybody fire on the turn here? How about the river?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Session Review Hand. You are the jury.

I bet the turn because players will peel that flop with all sorts of things in such a big pot, but usually won't be calling on the turn (which lets you pick up the pot). A turn bet may also get UTG+1 to fold AK.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 PM

I bet this turn about always against 1 opponent and rarely against 3 or more. Against 2 I look a lot at reads but over all probably bet the turn about 60% of the time.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM

I continue betting this on the turn most of the time because, like was already said, many opponents will peel flop. Also, most garbage hands won't continue calling on the expensive street. In my experience it's +EV to c-bet the turn with position in these sorts of situations.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 AM

Turn probably unless I'd seen one of them call down with 22
River pretty much never
Old 02-14-2007, 02:24 AM

after cold calling pre flop and calling the turn - I tend to think MP1 will have a crappy pair (or A3), most of the time

against two opponents of this type, it's probably 50-50 bet or check - maybe more check then bet
(... I would rather be in a position to value bet then push an un-improved hand, if it's just one of these jokers betting AK UI may be a bet for value! ... with two, I would rather the free card, cause it's unlikely both will fold)
Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 AM

I think dat UTG+1 has high offsuit or suited cards, no pair otherwise he would have reraised the flop to knock MP1 out. With those cards he might have scared to reraise on the flop. MP1 is more difficult he could have a pair (TT, JJ, 99) which he decided to call down and not reraise with on the flop or suited high cards. Guess you beat everything at this point besides a pair but a J or Q on the river could hurt you, the pot is big so just try to take them out or let them pay for a flushdraw, when they check the river and no scared card comes i would bet again at that point i only would expect a call from somebody with AT, nines or jacks.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn because players will peel that flop with all sorts of things in such a big pot, but usually won't be calling on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 AM

Bet the turn and put in no more money UI.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 AM

I think it's a close decision but I would probably favor betting one more time. Especially 'cause I three bet PF. UTG1 hopes his OC are stil good. If he had a high PP he would have checkraised. On the other hand. Mp1 could present a problem here. He is either on a draw or has Hero beat. I put no more money in after the turn UI.