Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Default AK Draw

I want discuss the following hand.
The stats of my opponent are

SawFlop 33%, PFR 12%, AF(post flop) 2.5, ContiBet 100%
but only 25 hands

The interesting question is if i should fold somewhere or could play better. My thoughts later.

Party Poker 0.15/0.30 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.46 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.23 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (9.23 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?
Final Pot: 11.23 BB
Old 02-14-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: AK Draw

I cap PF since you have position and UTG+1 and the CO are in the pot as well.

If I cap and the BB leads into me on the flop, I just call. I know raising for a free card is tempting, and he's kind of LAG, but you get taken to 3-town more often than not, but you definitely want to continue with your gutshot (I'm going to heavily discount your overs at this point.)

If you cap and he leads into you on the turn as well, you will have the odds again to try to spike a T on the river.

But since you didn't, the river is an easy fold IMO.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 AM

Your converter sucks. Reread hand yeah looks like a fold to me.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 AM

You might want to cap preflop, to try to get CO out.

Everyone checks on the turn?
Is there only 2 players left on the turn? (on the flop it says everyone else folds, yet there seems to be 3 players on the turn?)
If it's just you and the BB on the river, I'd call.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:02 AM

Sorry for confusion

Turn and River only 2 player and

Turn

BB bets, Hero calls
Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for confusion

Turn and River only 2 player and

Turn

Okay assuming he bet and you called the turn (which you should not have IMO), then the river is an easy fold. If he is willing the 3 barrell with AK then fine, let him have his half of the pot and yours.

BB bets, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Cap preflop. You have position on BB and the rest of the calling stations are providing great overlay. Flop and turn look OK. I don't think Ace high is good enough to win this so fold on the river.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM

Some interesting thoughts.

i did not made a reraise because i use the SHC from SSH and here a cap should be only made with AA-QQ and AKs but the ideas here shown are interesting.

The river call is critical. I saw that i was almost dead. But i thought i get at least 1:10 pot odds in a large pot and have to make a crying call but on the other side with my cards i can not beat really a bluff. When my opponent makes these raises pre flop i need something like A9 to win the pot. But when i see his pre flop range he should beat me with almost every hand.