Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 AM

Default This has troubled me...

4/8 live

Raised UTG from a player who has been playing loose, but I have not noticed anything strange from his preflop raises. Player UTG+2 has been at the table for 30 mins maybe and has gone through one rack already and is almost through this rack. I have not seen him bluff in the time he was letting his chips go. I saw hime "value bet" AJ when he r/c a 3bet from a winning player. Action went c, b, b. He got owned by AK.

One hand he rivered two pair and told someone that he rivered two pair before the betting action was complete. I don't recall if any bets went in the middle, but he tabled two pair and then said that he doesn't lie when he says he has something, but that he will bluff and bluffing isn't considered lying because it's part of the game. He says he will not lie about his hand though. MP calls. I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I call. The BB calls and we see a flop. 10sb

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, UTG+2 calls, MP calls, I c/r, bb folds.

9BB

Turn comes and the board is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG calls, UTG+2 raises (13BB) and is all in. MP folds. The first thing that I thought was that this guy doesn't bluff and I folded and then swore almost immediately after muckin because I was certain I made a mistake. I hadn't considered that UTG+2 was stacking off.

FWIW I am 100% certain I am ahead of UTG right now. If I wasn't ahead, I would have been 3 bet on the flop. UTG+2 doesn't have the moxy for a 3 bet on a draw I don't think.