Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Default 50NL - I flop a full house

I've been on this table for 6 or 7 orbits, I have a TAG image, and I perceive the villain to be a TAG as well. What would you after he leads the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($57.05)
CO ($47.25)
Button ($54.25)
SB ($51)
BB ($73.30)
Hero ($60.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.5</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 50NL - I flop a full house

I think your best bet to get value out of a hand like 88 is to raise the flop, lots of scarecards on the turn. Unless you think he wouldn´t lead with 88 and his range is heavily weighted towards air, in which case you call down and raise river.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 PM

how aggressive has villain played recently?

how aggressive have you played recently when someone donk bets into you after you raised preflop?

If the answer is not at all - then I think about calling, but probably raise anyway.

The ideal scenario is you raise smallish - and he pushes OTT so you snap call or he re-raises you back and you call and push any turn

If he has the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw he'll call a min raise cos his odds are goot. If he has an OP he'll shutdown on a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn fearing the flush, you makes your read an you makes your play. If he has the OESFD with 67ss then you have him crushed drawing to but two outs

If we flat call the pots ~10 and there is 55 behind, without a bet and a raise on a lter street we won't get the stacks in and a TAG will usually get allin on a flop more easily than a later street cos TAGs as a general rule play draws and big draws especially hard on the flop.

I'd make it $6 to play and hope he raises. If he folds he has nothing much and while waiting and slowplaying will net a little extra if he turns a 2nd best hand and bets it you'll really kick yourself if he has a solid OP or a goot draw like 67ss 78ss Axss and it doesn't get all-in by the river.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 PM

I make it like 6 or so here hoping he shoves obviously. If he just calls its value town time.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Almost like a minraise/small raise here. Maybe he'll put us on some sort of draw (like the nut spade draw with overs) , and will probably 4bet you with something like 88-JJ, after which we can shove.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:13 PM

This looks like the kind of range that a BB could hit and then donk out on. If he's slightly smarter than your average defender he probably wouldn't see a small raise from you as a great sign of strength. I would rather him think I am trying to take the hand away with a smallish raise than blast him with a huge raise that is exactly representative of how big your hand is.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 PM

*grunch*

i like flat calling the flop here. these flop donks are often air and semibluffs. so call and see if he fires again. if he has a 4 he'll push over you no matter whether you raise the flop, turn, or river.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:53 PM

I actually think I'll just call here... It's read dependant and it's very close between a raise and a call.. Kinda seems like he's trying to pick up the pot on a board that u whiffed. Let him lead the turn and raisydaisy... On the other hand, if this is pocketpair like 66-TT then there is a lot of cards that could kill action on the turn. Here it's just a matter of what kind of hand u weight as more likely, and I think air/draw a lot of the time here...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM

errr, flat calling is bad IMO. If he has anything he is going to call a smallish raise here. I'd make it 7.5 to go and then bet, bet, bet. A flush draw and overpair will pay to draw here alot and you'll probably stack an overpair.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
errr, flat calling is bad IMO. If he has anything he is going to call a smallish raise here. I'd make it 7.5 to go and then bet, bet, bet. A flush draw and overpair will pay to draw here alot and you'll probably stack an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I realize a call here is kinda fishy, but I still prefer it here as a draw will fold to a raise a lot of the time... I guess a min-raise might have some merit against a donk, but not a huge fan..
If one believe that a random player at 0.1/.25 will choose this line with an overpair on the flop, then I guess a raise is okay, but I think this line is more coherent with a draw or air...