Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 AM

Default ATo BB unraised pot .25/.50 2 players

I have been running sick hot at this table. The table selection and seat selection could not have been better. I am in seat 5. I have a tight player in seat 6 who will rarely enter the pot when I raise. He folds to my raises often. On his right, is a loose passive player who I have been absolutely running over with my continuation bets. I was starting to think that raising any two to steal the blinds versus these two was a good plan. Persons in seat 2 through 4 were all loose passive, and the guy in seat 4 only pfr 2% over 200 hands.

So the table conditions are excellent for me and if I had an image it would be that I am solid and over aggressive, but no one is challenging my aggression. Most of it stems from running hot. During this session I am running 20/15/4.3. My W$WSF is 50%.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Does hero check or bet?

My thought is that the villian is probably drawing dead, unless she holds 2 spades. It can't be that much of a mistake to check here can it?

(Preflop is standard for me to check here. I HATE being OP with ATo. Suited its a raise)
Old 09-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: ATo BB unraised pot .25/.50 2 players

I raise preflop and just keep betting. I'm sorry but I really don't see any reason to not bet this turn.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Standard play here for me is a bet. MP peels a pretty dry flop here so I figure he have some sort of made handand will probably call down. Maybe he has A high, but at these levels even ace high is a calldown for many players with this board.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 AM

You should start raising ATo and then just bet every street for value when you hit like this.

It's a huge mistake to not bet the turn I think.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:58 AM

b3b. A rule that I use in this spot is that if I feel good about 3 betting a raise, I b3b. If I dont like getting raised on the turn, but my hand is still fairly strong, like AJ on a AQ38 board, im more inclined to go for the c/r.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
b3b. A rule that I use in this spot is that if I feel good about 3 betting a raise, I b3b. If I dont like getting raised on the turn, but my hand is still fairly strong, like AJ on a AQ38 board, im more inclined to go for the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats really interesting......suppose you c/r in the AJ hand, are you folding to a 3-bet?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats really interesting......suppose you c/r in the AJ hand, are you folding to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the guy. Most of the time I call it down either because I feel like its the right play or because i tell myself that im folding and call down anyway. FWIW I dont always c/r that turn, i just do it more than in this spot.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:03 PM

Ok, just verifying with the masses...

I did bet, but afterwards I wondered if there was any value in that particular situation in checking.