Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Weak flop fold?

BTN is 21/11/1.50 after 60 hands. Very deep into the red.
CO is 64/0/2.13 after 40 hands. Not seen anything completely noteworthy other than she plays horrible hands preflop. She will also limp with all her premium hands and then play passively with her monsters such as a set of aces. I saw her limp/call with KK then raise a dry board with no ace.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

I figured with the Btns over call that he had AK, AQ, KQ. I am also not completing the action. I have a bdfd and that is all I can hope for I think. Weak fold?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Weak flop fold?

Against this player I think preflop is probably close and I don't think a fold would be bad at all. The flop fold is good.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM

i fold pf all day long
Old 09-06-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold pf all day long

[/ QUOTE ]

when a guy like that raises after a limper you are often dominated by AA,KK,QQ,AK,AQ.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:03 PM

I think normally I fold this preflop against a raise, being out of position for the remainder of the hand. I can't remember how much history these two have of each other. I know BTN hasn't been here the whole time that CO has.

I was thinking it could have been an iso raise and perhaps my preflop equity was larger than if he was playing a less loose player on his right.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM

if i had to guess I'd say you have close to break even hot / cold equity assuming bb calls 100% (probably close to the truth). considering position/RIO this is an easy fold.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think normally I fold this preflop against a raise, being out of position for the remainder of the hand. I can't remember how much history these two have of each other. I know BTN hasn't been here the whole time that CO has.

I was thinking it could have been an iso raise and perhaps my preflop equity was larger than if he was playing a less loose player on his right.

[/ QUOTE ]

disregarding the small sample, he would have a higher pfr figure if he use to iso-raise.