Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: i always want to fold but i feel like i\'m supposed to call

Shrug, I never fold here against this guy.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't seriously want to ignore stats with 35 hands this out of whack?

Checking the flop is bad. You guys don't play against enough tards. After seeing 10 people saying that checking the flop is a good idea after seeing how the hand played out, I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful.

I can't even get around to discussing the rest of this hand seeing as how way too many of you don't understand how bad a flop check is here against this villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love how nothing in your post contains advice. you don't even explain why checking the flop is bad. WTF is wrong with you? gaaaaaaaaaaaah, maybe i'm just angry b/c i'm having a bad trading day, but u seriously seem like a moron in this post.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Checking the flop is bad. You guys don't play against enough tards. After seeing 10 people saying that checking the flop is a good idea after seeing how the hand played out, I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful.

I can't even get around to discussing the rest of this hand seeing as how way too many of you don't understand how bad a flop check is here against this villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is awesome. this part completely describes this forum and why i hate it: "I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful."

bravo really and i am being sincere here.

but, met, then you fall into the same trap and dont give any reasoning for the correct play. WTF
Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is awesome. this part completely describes this forum and why i hate it: "I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful."

bravo really and i am being sincere here.

but, met, then you fall into the same trap and dont give any reasoning for the correct play. WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor -

you are a douchebag. i hope no one responds to your posts in the future. the good thing is you're alienating yourself from the community, so that good posters won't actually respond to you. luckily for you, you are so much better at poker than everyone else that you don't need anyone here.

signed,
MSNL

TheMetereon:

I've certainly generated these kinds of stats before if I were to sit down against a new TAG. I can't dream of vbing AQ on this board on the turn. That's not to say you're wrong, but to say there is unequivocally a best line here is incorrect.

I assume unknowns are donks and thus I would get it in here as Josh did - not feeling too happy about it.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM

hmm, so bc i agree with something metetron says im a dbag? you put all the heat on me for agreeing with someone else, then you go on to discuss with him as if nothing happened. weird.

moreso, its obv you have a problem wiht me bc i challenged the ideas and thoughts of other (admittedly better and more experienced) posters. i dont think you understand the point of this whole forum thing and what the goals are. discussion and exhange of ideas is the best way to use the forum to grow. obv.

and no, i dont mind if i alienate myself from posters that simply chime in to say "lol, set. bet bet bet arrrin ldo"

as for joshes hand i think he should get it allin on the flop. giving opponent a hand range of qq, jj, 77, qj and aq we have 44% equity on the flop. i think we can safely add t9, kt, kq often enough to make up that equity difference.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:35 PM

i have 2 things to say. one is that msnl is the highest overall quality board i've ever posted in regularly. that includes all the limit boards over the 2+ year span i made like 15k posts in

second is that victor is not a douchebag. he's one of the very best limit players on the site, and before long he's going to be one of the best nl players and posters too.

so don't burn your bridges. victor will be very helpful around here soon enough, and victor, msnl will make you a lot better. no reason yall cant get along
Old 08-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Is it time for results yet?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM

i don't know if this is correct, but assuming these stats behave as a binomial distribution, we can figure out the margin of error. this is what i got

assume 36 hands, he played 18 (50%) and raised 11 (30.6%)

i'm getting

1 standard deviation:
- vpip: 42 to 58
- pfr: 23 to 38

2 SD's
- vpip: 33 to 67
- pfr: 15 to 46

so clearly i can't just throw away the sample
Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it time for results yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

not yet
Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shrug, I never fold here against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]