Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

how the [censored] can you live in london with less than like a grand a week ££££££. its the most expensive place in the world. you would need to be a solid 10/20 regular mimum to play poker and affords to live in london..busto and your gonna be homeless fast
Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 AM

You should see how precautious I am with my bankroll...

I mean, one of my grandfathers used to smoke opium (back in the 30's when Vietnam was a french colony) and spend days inchained in a hut to get rid of it ; this story has always been in my mind when using drugs... Used to smoke pot but always refused cocaine for instance.

"warning" was maybe misused, forgive my english then.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how the [censored] can you live in london with less than like a grand a week ££££££. its the most expensive place in the world. you would need to be a solid 10/20 regular mimum to play poker and affords to live in london..busto and your gonna be homeless fast

[/ QUOTE ]

You need around £1000-£1500 per month (not including rent/mortgage whatever) to have a better than decent lifestyle. But rent is very high and a reason why I will probably try and find my own place next year.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need around £1000-£1500 per month (not including rent/mortgage whatever) to have a better than decent lifestyle. But rent is very high and a reason why I will probably try and find my own place next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

errrr. He has a pretty decent job where he earns about $40 per hour. And its a shared apartment so according to his blog rent is only 1 weeks wage.

Sucks that he has no control and is always desting to go broke with the stakes he plays. I have sympathy for him but at his age he should just pack it in whatever it takes. He's not a teenager anymore unlike some of us.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM

less concern for others, more hunger for degeneracy please
Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
errrr. He has a pretty decent job where he earns about $40 per hour. And its a shared apartment so according to his blog rent is only 1 weeks wage.

[/ QUOTE ]
well in that case lucky jim just dabbles playing small stakes for the fun of it.he isnt going broke proper is he.if i was him id save 10k up and have a proper shot at it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yes thats what i thought, incredibley expensive cost of living.dearest property prices in the world ect.there was an article on msn news this week about renting actually becoming cheaper longterm than mortgages in some areas for the first time ..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant afford London you must be what we British call a 'mug'
Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 AM

i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Starting smoking adds $300-400 a month to expenses, just to make things tough.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>
Old 11-30-2007, 10:52 AM

One Eye'D Jimm